EPITOME 03

⚠️⚠️ This chapter talks about Blaise doing things to Astrid that she doesn't want or is uncomfortable with (not graphically, just mentioning)!⚠️⚠️

"Astrid and I need to have a chat," Blaise said shortly. "I'll see you three in a minute." Astrid did not try to pull her hand out of his, as she knew that with the strong grip he had on her, it was virtually useless. The others bid them goodnight, and Blaise pulled her to a shadowed and secluded area of the common room.

"Blaise..." Astrid said softly. A furious scowl grew on his face before he slapped her across the cheek.

"Don't try an apologize!" He growled softly. "You are mine, and only mine..." His voice softened, and his eyes filled, not with love, but infatuation. And though Astrid knew she shouldn't have snapped back at him, she couldn't help herself.

"I'm not a possession," she snapped, frowning at him. He slapped her again, the crest of his family house leaving a mark on her skin as his ring passed over her face.

"Yes you are. And you're mine," Blaise growled, before pulling her in close, resting his chin on her head. "I don't like hurting you. But I need to teach you the way. Now, get some sleep. We've got classes tomorrow." He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and watched her walk to the girl's dormitory.

Once she got in, she sighed. Pansy and Millicent were doing a slumber party in the fourth year dorm, one which Astrid did not wish to attend. She had the whole dorm to herself.

Silently, she wiped tears from her eyes and stared at the palm shaped bruise beginning to form on her pale skin. Her relationship, not even a day old, was breaking her. She was used to being in charge at school, but that was all about to change. It was submit to Blaise or be hit, and Astrid could only assume that she was only receiving a taste of what was to come.

She thought of her help outlets. No one in Slytherin would help her. If they knew she needed help, they would dismiss her faster than she could say plastic. Few teachers trusted her, and she trusted few teachers. Then, her mind wandered to Potter and his friends. She had been taught to hate them all of her life, put them down for things outside of her control. But, it seemed that Potter could help anyone and everyone. He was the hero of the wizarding world, though the media was trying to taint his image. What if, perhaps, they were right?

What if Harry Potter could save her?

Astrid ran to a stack of parchment the girls kept in the dorm. Taking out her quill, she began to write.

Potter,

I'm in a situation right now, one I don't think I can get out of. We've never been good friends, or even really acquaintances. But I need your help. I need to get away from someone that I can't leave. Please, you're my only hope.

Please.

She left the letter unsigned and quickly sent it off to him. She just hoped that he would be able to save her before it was too late.

———

A month passed. A month of intolerant boyfriends, suspicious class mates and oblivious friends. It was a bruised month, a bloody month, the longest month that Astrid had ever experienced. It was a scheduled month, one where Astrid's every action was controlled by the boyfriend who wouldn't let her leave him. His "lessons" got steadily worse the more that she refused him. He barely even let her speak with Draco, even though he knew that she had no intentions of going after him. The more she refused his kisses, his offers of pleasurable nights, the worse and worse her appearance grew. She could not longer cover the scars, the scratches, the bruises with makeup. She broke down frequently, often finding some secluded spot during lunch or after class.