Chapter 1

"Ace! Ace! Get up! It's almost time for morning drill!"
         "Woah!" I toppled out of bed and grabbed at the air hoping to catch myself, but there was nothing there. I fell to the ground and landed on my elbow, a sharp pain shooting through my arm.
         "Oww, well good morning to you too Val, it's always great to see your ugly face first thing when I wake up." I said this with as much menace as I could, but in reality, Valerie is quite stunning. She has magnificent, bright, purple eyes and silver blonde hair that reaches her waist. She wears it in a single, tight braid down her back. Today is no different.
           "Yeah well, yours isn't any better," she growled, "You need to get up, we have drill in 8 minutes." I look up at the clock hanging on the dorm room's monotone wall, it reads 6:52 a.m., she's right, I do need to get up. I push myself off the ground and wince as a new shot of pain makes it's way up my arm. I quickly walk to the bathroom and look at my elbow. It's already starting to bruise. I sigh and walk out to the kitchen to grab some food. I take an energy bar from the drawer and hurry to get dressed. I snatch my grey T-Shirt that's on my bed with white lettering that reads, "Intergalactic Space Travel Academy," and pull it over my head. Then, with 2 minutes left until drill, Valerie and I walk out of the dorm.