Callback

Callback - Peter Parker x Reader (oneshot)

A/N: I started this when I was feeling reaaally sad. It sat in my folder for a while. Then I felt sad again and finished it. Feel free to message me if you have a question, if u would like to know more about the story, or if u just wanna talk lmao.

Summary: Reader gets back from an audition.

Disclaimer: Constructive criticism is encouraged !

Warnings: saaaadness, cursing probs

Word count: 1200

----

We're gonna stop you right there.

     I felt Bucky's fist come in contact with my face. I stumbled back in surprise. I took a couple deep breaths before looking up at him. I swallowed hard.

"You sure you're okay, (Y/n)?" He asked me, restraining himself.

"I'm fine" I said, preparing to swing.

     He raised his eyebrows at me. I hastily swung my arm, him grabbing it easily. He twisted my arm back and threw me to the floor. I groaned.

Your time is up.

"Alright, (Y/n), that's enough for you today" Steve said as he observed from the sidelines.

That's enough, thanks for coming.

"God," I got up.

     "Actually, its Tony, but what's the difference?" Tony boasted from next to Steve. Steve nudged his ribs.

"What's up today, (Y/n)? You're not usually this distracted" Bucky commented.

"So I'm always distracted?" I asked as I got up.

     "You can't keep this up. You're the one who wanted to get stronger. You're never going to become better if you're not focused.

     "There are people out there worse than Bucky, (Y/n), and you're going to have to take them down. You can't let your mind drift to other places when important matters are at hand.

     "Go take a break, eat something, relax, I don't know, but when you get back, you better be ready to go at it again" Steve said in a firm tone.

     I grumbled as I grabbed my sweat towel and left the training room.

"Hey! You're doing great, kid! Keep going! You got this!" Tony yelled, trying to encourage me. I rolled my eyes.

Don't apologize.

     Walking into the kitchen, I screamed at the ceiling.

S-Sorry.

"Hey, you okay?" I jumped at Peter's voice.

"Peachy, Peter"

     I looked over and saw he was sitting by the counter. How did I not see him? I must really be out of it. All because of that stupid audition.

"O-Okay"

     I opened the fridge and grabbed a Gatorade. I chugged it down as I sat down on the counter next to him.

     "You sure you're okay? Cause I-I mean y-you don't look s-so great--not that you don't always look great! You always look r-really good! I m-mean--"

     "I just bombed an audition, Peter" I dramatically looked at the window, in hope Peter would stop bothering me and let me wallow in my sadness.