Chapter 4.

(Y/n) decided.
She had came.
This was followed by regret, but newly found confidence. She hadn't worn her worse dress to the wedding, maybe she could actually move on and date someone or at the most, have fun.
Grinning she looked around at the mostly male crowd and saw a waving Aaron. She laughed and made her way over to him.
She didn't look as depressed as she felt.
She didn't feel most of the crowd drilling they're eyes into her, the small whispers. She saw the man who she missed dearly and greeted him.
"Well, it isn't Aaron Burr, sir."
He grinned.
"(Y/n)!"
"You've created quite the stir, sir."
He sighed."You sound like Alexander."
"Wh--" before you could finish you felt an arm tug you away. You giggled and threw him a slight wave. He gave you a small smile and walked away.
"May I ask, what the hell?" You said angrily. You hadn't seen Aaron for two years, and to be honest,
He was still amazing. The aching feeling that had lurched in your heart subsided momentarily, long enough for you to meet this strangers gaze. One eyebrow was pointed up and he held a smirk.
"I wanted you to meet my friends."
"You didn't have to drag me. I don't even--" then it clicked.
"JOHN?!" You said happily. He laughed and nodded, greeting you with a needed hug. Tears brimmed your eyes as you were overwhelmed with happiness.
"(Y/n)," he sighed, and one of his hands held the back of your head. You pulled away to study his face.
"You actually look amazing," you looked directly into his light brown eyes and his endless hoard of freckles that mounted his face. He chuckled."That was the best compliment I've heard from you."
"Hey, we haven't talked since... Woah. I think the last time we talked was 1770." You were both 21 then.
He nodded and continued to walk you to his friends.
"I've missed you," he said quietly.
"I think I did too," you realized. What you didn't realize was that Laurens wasn't talking about the friendly way.
He walked you up to a familiar head of curls in a bun.
"(Y/n), this is--"
"Lafayette! Fate has its favors to you," you gleamed. Laf's eyes widened.
"(Y/n)! Mon' Amie, how lovely to see you again." He kissed your hand and you blushed.
John's face grew stoic and he pursed his lips.
A song came on and Lafayette perked up.
"May I have this dance (y/n)?" He said nervously.
You nodded, not trusting your voice.
Laf grinned at you and lead you to the floor. You're hands were
Laced together and your feet synchronized.
"So, may I ask you why you came?" Lafayette asked rather bluntly.
"I'm a... Friend to the groom." You smiled. He nodded, seeing you didn't want continue the subject.
At the final end of the song, Laf was a bright red and you were grinning.
Your lower waist was against his pelvis, and then you pulled off.
You handed him a napkin with your address on it and smiled.