[3] A New Start

It's been two years since I started this story, and two years since I last updated. Sorry, but I'm going to finish this story even if nobody is going to read it. I hate to leave things unfinished.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        After dinner, I went back to my room. My room was so bare except for the necessities like a television, dresser and bed. I had no clothes but the ones on my back and no pictures of friends. I couldn't grab anything from the house before everything that happened. Maybe I could go back? No, they probably had the place under lock and key. My dad sold drugs as well, and I knew they were probably going to condemn the place. 

        I had nothing to do, so I sat on my new bed. I smiled, it was so much softer than my old bed. I had an old mattress that we found when we moved in the house. For all I knew, it could have belonged to a hooker or something...

        I turned on my TV. I didn't know what to search for since I hardly used the TV. I turned on Cartoon Network, the only station that looked familiar to me, and noticed a show called 'Adventure Time' was on. I shrugged. It looked pretty entertaining. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        Adventure Time was probably my new favorite show. It was hilarious! I was happy that five episodes had come on already. Lumpy Space Princess and BMO were my favorites. Jake was also one of my favorites, and the unicorn was fine, too. I had no idea what she was saying though. Was she speaking Korean? 

        A knock on my door brought my attention away from the TV. "Come in," I half-yelled.

        Lexie entered my room with her hands behind her back. I must have looked confused, because she just giggled and took a seat on the edge of my bed, her hands still behind her back. "Don't worry, it's not a bomb." She assured.

        That still didn't make me feel safe.

        She pulled out a little present, wrapped in black and white wrapping paper. It had a large light blue bow on it. "I picked out the wrapping and wrapped it myself." She smiled.

        "Thanks." I said.

        I took the box from her and opened it. Inside was a brand new iPhone. I heard only rich people could afford these! I never had anything expensive. The most expensive thing I ever owned was a thirty dollar pair of converse, which I was wearing.

        "I can't take this," I finally said.

        Lexie frowned. "What do you mean? You're part of the family now. And we need a phone to contact each other if we're ever in a bad situation. Besides, don't you want to call your friends?"

        "I don't have any friends," I looked down at my shoes.

        "Yes, you do. You've got Caden and me, already. I already put my number in there and Caden's and mom's and dad's. So you've got four contacts in there already and you can get more when we go to school on Monday!" She exclaimed.

        School? I totally forgot about that. Lexie and Caden lived in a rich part of town, so I knew I wouldn't be going back to my old school. Not like I wanted to anyway, people at school made fun of me and called me stuff like slut and whore, which I didn't understand because I had never had a boyfriend before or even my first kiss.

        "You'll also be transferring to our school. Rosewood Prep is really cool once you get used to it." She said.

        "Alright, well, I'll let you go now. You probably want to get used to everything now. There's also a computer over there if you didn't notice before." She pointed to a far corner of the room, and sure enough there was a brand new computer that hadn't even been out the box yet.

        "Thank you, all of you, for everything you've done," I could feel myself on the verge of crying again. I was crying because I was happy someone wanted me, and I was also crying because I was still thinking about my mom and Amanda.

        Lexie pulled me in for a hug. "Shh, don't cry. It's okay. We'll help you get through this together." She said.

        Once she pulled away, she stood up. "Don't forget we're going clothes shopping tomorrow. You, me, Caden, and his girlfriend."

        Girlfriend? I didn't know Caden had a girlfriend. But I couldn't really be mad because he was gorgeous. I should have known someone as hot as him would have a girlfriend already.

        "So get some sleep and we'll see you first thing tomorrow morning after breakfast!" Lexie smiled and shut the door.

        Why was I feeling so jealous all of a sudden?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter! Sorry, but this took me like thirty minutes to write. The next chapter won't take two years to write...lol! I might upload it sometime this week or next week, depends on if I got some inspiration by that time or not.