Chapter Two: Getting to Know

“I don’t want you to go to work tomorrow,” Arty mumbled as he lay lazily on Jack's office desk, his clothes in a crumpled pile on the floor. Jack clicked his tongue and tucked himself back into his boxer briefs before buttoning his pants and fastening his belt.

“I don't want us to go to bed,” the older man replied, leaning over the desk to kiss Arty, his husband wrapping his bare legs around Jack's waist and pulling him closer to him. Jack shook his head. “You’d be a good con artist,” he said humorously, letting Arty slip his arms around his neck and kiss him some more.

“Mm, why's that?” the brunette asked through a small smirk of delight at being named a con of mischief.

“You're good at convincing.” Jack looked into Arty's beautiful blue eyes, lightly illuminated by the porch light that showed through the window's thin curtains. Other than that, the office was dark, and most of their night together had been blind.

Arty chuckled and tightened his hold on his husband, keeping him from slipping away as he deepened the kiss, Jack's facial hair scratching his soft lips and chin, but he ignored it for the sake of the moment. He let the older blonde's tongue slip into his mouth, canvasing the hot canal. Arty moaned into the kiss and brought a hand down to caress Jack's cheek, his thumb grazing over the light scar that took Jack's cheek near his mouth when he and his brother got into a fight while building a shed together years ago. He'd won, of course, but not unscathed, even if the scar was hidden by his facial hair.

Jack felt a hand up Arty's soft, thin stomach, before breaking the kiss with a groan of agitation. Arty chuckled, gazing up at him.

“What?”

“You know what; work, and you have to watch the kids.”

Arty pouted but let Jack go anyway, because he was right, as much as sexually, he was wrong. “Okay, leave me here all alone, draped like a damsel-”

“Arty,” Jack chuckled, giving the sexy, naked man a sideways glance as he stepped back. Arty laughed and sat up on the desk.

“Fine, give me the tissues and let them work you as a slave,” Arty said with flair. He never said, but Jack always wondered if he had taken theater or drama classes in school.

“I happen to like my job, thank you very much.” Jack grabbed the box of tissues from the shelf beside his desk, which he handed to Arty as the brunette got up from the wooden surface.

“I know, I know. They just really work you.”

“No pain, no gain, babe.”

Arty rolled his eyes and started cleaning himself up, wiping his inner thighs of their passion. Jack knelt to grab Arty's clothes and tossed them to the man, who barely caught them in the darkness. He threw the tissues away and started dressing himself, and then he wrapped his arms around Jack's neck again once he was finished, pressing his body to his husband's.

“One more,” he said and pressed his lips against Jack's neck. His husband ducked out of Arty's hold.

“Keep me up any later and I'll have to call in sick.”

“Ooh.”

“Which isn't happening.” Jack took Arty's hand and dragged him out of the room, the younger man whispering small, flirtatious words to him. Jack glanced at him with a smile and almost said something in return, but Arty slipped away from him first. “What now?”

“I’ll be up in a minute, I want a glass of water,” Arty said and pointed off toward the kitchen. Jack let Arty give him a quick peck before continuing to the stairs to go to bed, his younger husband going of to the kitchen.