Chapter Three: The Memories.

8 years later...

Cielle's POV

" [Breeze Bombs]!", I chanted, also synchronizing my hand gestures. After a few seconds, light blue magic circles apeared in front of Selena, my sparring partner and also my bestfriend, about 2 meters away from her.

The magic circles illuminated and seemed to explode and there, appeared fast spinning balls of wind, directing towards her. She then quickly dodged it by also casting a wind-type spell on the soles of her shoes causing her to launch upwards above. Some gust orbs just hit each other while some hit the ground. As the balls touch the surface, they exploded and swirled violently in all of the area they occupied.

'Crap!', I said in my mind. That spell took a hefty amount of mana and it just missed?! I also jumped backwards to maintain distance to her.

"Pretty close, Cielle! I would've been dead meat if I got hit by one of those! Good thing I dodged it. ", she said, treating it like something not to be afraid of.

"I'll hit you next time! Just you wait!", I concentrated and tried to make a strategy on how I can hit her with one of my spells.

"Okay! I'll just wait here! 😂", she said with that really smug look and impish smirk on her face whenever she was satisfied with something. With that, I meant something like pissing me off completely until I'm boiling mad.

Selena had been my bestfriend for about 4 years now. If you get the chance to see us in real-life, you'd be surprised why someone like her would befriend someone like me.

I mean, she's like the most popular and perfect girl in town. Nice figure, raven hair, big bumps and a friendly personality that would gain all of our classmates and schoolmates' attention.

Anything from elegant dresses with frills to ripped jeans with thick eyeliners, anything would suit her perfectly.

On the other hand is me. None other than Cielle Slatle. The shortest boy in , the world's no. 1 geek with the weirdest eye color and the world's worst sociophobic beta. I always get bullied a lot for my physical features. Petite build, pale skin, skinny frame, and I always wear a bonnet to hide my attention-seeking mop of a white hair.

I'm really passionate about becoming the world's strongest Elementalist despite being a beta. My elemental affinity is Aero, or the element that is commonly known as wind. I don't really know though. I've guessed it's my only element because it's the only one I could really wield. To know your elemental affinity, you need to go to the Affinity Altar located near the village square.

On the other hand, you might be wondering why Selena is so good at combat. You see, she is an alpha. Alphas are basically gifted humans who possess the natural buff bodies, whether males or females. Hmmmp! No fair! Selena gets to be an amazing and an eye-catching alpha while I get to be a pathetic beta! Also, an alpha's affinities are usually more than 1 and if that happens, they can combine both element to produce a new element that they can wield. For example, if you have the elements Aqua and Aero, you can create Seglo (lol it's just a made up name for ice😂 Though, it's a little like igloo😂😂) and Pyro and Terra for Magla (lava😂😒).

Okay, back to the story.

I took in some fresh air to help my nerves to relax a little. Selena was just not moving but was staring at me. She might be observing my actions so that she can counter them too. I focused some of mana to flow onto my palms. As I feel more and more mana to flow, I also breathed more heavily.

The advantage of having the affinity Aero is that you can easily replenish it just by absorbing air all around you. Just like Aquamancers in water, us Aeronauts are at the upper hands when the air is fresh and clean.

In this case, on a cliff's summit. The only thing is that I am too, facing a great Aeronaut here as a sparring partner. You might be wondering why are we sparring with each other. Well, a man in elegant chrome yellow robes visited our village in search of potential academy scholars just a couple of weeks ago.

(A/N: Um, in case your wondering, Cielle here lost his memories because something happened to him. And that something is something to be discussed later on. (๑¯ิε ¯ิ๑)

To clarify things, the Village of The White Sand, as its name suggest, is a village located in the middle of the dessert. All the plants that barely live here are either cacti or tumble weeds. But despite all of that, our place is populated. The thing that really attracts the tourists are, as our village suggests, our famous white sand. Our sand is known to only "exist" on the desert's boundaries. If ever one brings even a grain of sand outside of the desert, the sand would disappear from where he put it and will be teleported back to where he or she picked it up.

The robed man showed all the villagers a scroll he took out from I don't know where and he turned it towards us. The parchment was stamped and has the Elementia le Academia symbol. And with that, we decided to be scholars and be professional Elementalists.

I think that this event was my biggest stepping stone in my career in becoming the world's strongest Elementalist! As every word came out of his mouth, so many images popped in my head helping those who are in need and building an improved future.

"Okay, Cielle. Let's stop now. We still have to pack our bags and sleep early for tomorrow's journey.", Selena said while putting on her coat.

I also stopped and followed Selene towards the rocky stairs and I began to trek it. Some desert wisps are pondering over the earthy floor and magic mushrooms are scattered over the pathway, making our trekking easier because of the light eating the darkness of the night.

I stopped on the middle of the way, looking at everything I'm going to left behind. I wept.

This night is so lovely. I can't believe that this was the first time I saw this scenery despite existing for so many years.

There are beautiful things in this world. You just have to find them.

I'm so excited for tomorrow! I'll get to finally go to Welkis, once a small town, now a big city whom hosts the grandest academy there is, the Elementia le Academia!

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

Someone's POV

"

Maybe.. Just maybe.. Tomorrow will be the day..", I muttered to myself. I've been thinking about him everyday in my life.

I mentally sighed. Here I am again, hoping to meet someone who's already dead. Well, it was my fault anyways...

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

YEYYYYYY! FINALLY FINISHED MY LOAD OF POOP! IM GONNA GO BACK TO MY RITUALS NOW! CIAOOOOOOOO!

@TheHe-Yabasawa, off. (๑¯ิε ¯ิ๑)

Killua-chan, kawaiiiiiiii

ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ

P. S., Im choooo tired of tapping the dot button(づ ̄3 ̄)づ

DON'T FORGET TO ⭐ AND FOLLOW ME PLEASE!