Who's Feral & Frail?

ACT I

SCENE I:

Narrator: The story starts in a caravan that roams around cities. The caravan had the usual circus people. Clowns, magicians and lions that they said are well-trained but could kill anyone with just one wrong move. Inside a big well-built wagon sat a dentist. He is the circus master's personal teeth carer. Every wagon on the trail came to a sudden halt, signifying that they had arrived to a stop. The dentist who shall we call Dr. Jay Hopps stood up and jumped off the back of the humble vehicle.

Circus master: Mr. Hopps! She is a beauty isn't she?

Jay Hopps: By 'she' are you referring to the fine house maid in the near distance or the young apple seller on the stalls?

Circus Master: Of course I know that you are aware that I meant both, son!

Jay Hopps: Clearly. For the past seven years that I was under your refuge, I will know.

Circus Master: Yes--- the maidens are very pretty but I meant the city.

Jay Hopps: Agreeable. The citylamps and the lights from the houses are quite a lot, I must say. That only means more people, more people, more patrons, more patrons, more penny, more penny, more bounty. Pretty simple logic my liege.

Circus Master: That may be true Mr. Hopps but I actually am more curious on how beautiful the smiles and amused faces of those maiden are than the how much penny are they willing to spend to see the monkey glide on the wires. [He flashed a truthful smile and tapped the young practioner on his back.] Mind to take a look at my molar tooth later, Mr Hopps? I ate some walnuts along the way and I think a chunk stuck.

Jay Hopps: Sure.

***

SCENE II: A week had passed and the dentist is taking a walk away from the circus.

Jay Hopps: Of all cities, I hate this one the most. How come they don't have a single medical practitioner around? How can it even call itself a city? The people can't even afford to pay for the trip next town to seek a doctor. These people are bugging me all day-no all week long. Apothecaries should exist if they don't have doctors or those voodoo healers or whatever they're called. I'm a bloody dentist not a cardiologist or thoracic or gynecologist for bloody sake. I could help them in dealing with cavities and gums but with money in exchange of course still they don't even have the decency to pay for my expertise. Bah! (Snorts)

[Mysterious noises]

Jay Hopps: What's that rustling? Must be a rabid warthog. These past few days, I feel like someone's watching me. Creepy but I shall not pay any attention and should continue strolling. A quite remarkable mountain peak and mountain range but wait--- are those pines? It's strange how those tall pine trees are buried in the snow. Those pines must've been more than 40 feet high. What even happened? It's not my business tho. As long as there's no Yamashita or Mason treasure involve, I won't in any way stick my english nose in. (Laughs) Money comes first the rest of my priority list.

Native 1: You-uh hand up!

Jay Hopps: Who are you?! Put the bloody spear down!

Native 2: Hand up said! Hand air!

Jay Hopps: What? Hand you air? Not gonna happen! Bloody Savages! Savages! Help me!

Native 3: Patuluga! [Put him to sleep!]

Jay Hopps: What? Help! Somebody! Anybody! Any-----

(Natives pounds him by the head and ties him up and carries his body)