Prologue

***HUGE TRIGGER WARNING***
If you are not comfortable with suicide and life triggering instances like that, this book is not the book for you. If you feel as if you relate to anything suggested in this story, please contact someone and please look after yourself. My PM is always open if you want to talk!

Prologue

What's the point of life? Why live when you know you're going to die in the future? Why can't life just walk away, until it's not standing at the door? Why can't everything just stop, letting everything finally fall in peace?

That's because apparently living your life is 'everything'. Living your life to the fullest is a load of bullshit. Suicide is perfectly fine. What's the matter with it? One person dying won't affect anything. Not one thing.

We've killed many, hundreds even. And our next victim? Diana Anne Matricardi. We don't do it on purpose, just wanting to destroy a useless life. Because that's what we do. What are we called you ask? Here's the answer –and we won't say your worst nightmare because that's shit. People who have been affected by us call us 'them'. But we're actually called:

SCHIZOPHRENIA.

schiz-o-phre-ni-a [skit-suh-free-nee-uh, -freen-yuh]

noun
1. Psychiatry. Also called dementia praecox. A severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following features: emotional blunting, intellectual deterioration, social isolation, disorganized speech and behavior, delusions and hallucinations.
2. a state characterized by the coexistence of contradictory or incompatible elements.