Chapter 8: Here to Stay

Erza walked out side of the restaurant, she put her hands behind her head and bent over. "Fuck." She said to herself. "Why did I do that? I should have just kept my mouth shut." She sat down on the curb with her hand on her chin. She stared of into the distance not knowing what she should do or say. " What should I do. I mean I want to be in their lives and Mirajane's. I don't see the problem of telling them know. Some point they're going to find out so why not just do it now?" Erza sat there for about 30 minutes conflicted with her thoughts and still feeling the sting from Mirajane'swords. "Maybe she's right?"

"Of course she's right dummy, you hurt her."

"I know I know I'm so stupid to think that she'd be over it, hell I'm not even over it. I'm so selfish"

"As hell"

"Shut up" Erza got up from the curve with some ambition under her butt, she walked back into the Narook's and sat down in front of Mirajane. She could see that Mirajane 's nose was a little red, an obvious sign that she's been crying. Erza melted, one thing she hated, was to see Mirajane cry.

"Mirajane ...I."

"Erza it's fine." Mirajane said as he gathered her stuff to get up and leave.

"Mirajane no, wait. Don't leave."

"Oh like you just didn't leave?" Mirajane said with a bit of a sting.

"Touche, Touche. But I'm done with that, just, just sit down and listen to what I have to say."

"Erza I-"

"Just sit down." Erza said pleading

"Alright, out with it. I have kids to get back to." Mirajane said sitting back down.

"Mirajane I'm so sorry for everything. There isn't anything I can do to make up for my past mistakes. Second, I'm selfish as shit to think that I could just enter your life and theirs without earning it. Mirajane I love you, I haven't stopped. I made so many mistakes but the number one was leaving you and our two beautiful kids. I know now what I want and I want you and my two sons in my life and I thought maybe we could just rip the band aid off and start fresh. I now know that to get you and them back I have to put in the effort and to earn your trust and love back and Ezra's and Lisanna's." They sat in silence for a moment, Mirajane was looking at Erza trying to process everything she said. It wasn't that Mirajane didn't believe her she just didn't trust her and her kids came before anything, so for her to hurt them even more will not happen.

"Erza I-"

"I won't take no as an answer Mirajane ." Erza said looking in Mirajane's eyes.

"I'm not saying no Erza , I'm just saying that this isn't going to be easy nor is it going to be some fantasy. We have to look at it from all angles and my kids-"

"Our." Erza stated.

Mirajane paused."Our kids will not get hurt."

"They won't I promise. I love you too much to do that to you ever again."

"When I see it I'll believe it." Mirajane said getting up.

"Where are you going?" Erza said looking up at her.

"We are about to go to the car so you can take me home, I got kiddos I haven't seen in a day." (What kind of parent leaves their kid from almost a whole day?)

"Right, right" Erza said getting up. She dropped a tip on the table and the headed to the car. Erza opened up Mirajane's door and helped her in, she did the same on the driver side. With that they were off towards Mirajane's house. Erza pulled up into the driveway and turned the car off. She helped Mirajane out and walked her to the door.