Bliss

I take a deep breath as I slip on my black high topped converse and adjust my long sleeved, curve hugging, mid-thigh dress. It's red color complementing my fair complexion. My hands are sweaty as I hear my doorbell ring, This is it Kara. The first one, don't mess it up. I opened the door, slightly too fast, catching myself off guard. I find Jared, my boyfriend I've only ever talked to online and through long video calls, on the porch dressed in khakis and a nice button up. The blue color making his eyes sparkle even more. The stars were just starting to peak out.
"H-hello, Kara. You look stunning, as usual," He looks me up and down then looks into my eyes. 
I blush redder than my dress, "H-hi. Th-thank you. You look amazing."
I grabbed my clutch bag and we walked to his car. Jared walked faster and opened the car door for me, closing it when I was situated inside.
Through out the car ride, I struggled to make conversations. Thank goodness Jared picked up my slack. I always did love listening to him talk. About anything.  He never told me where we were going, but when we got there I was dumbfounded. He hopped out of the car and opened me door for me again, closed it and walked to the trunk. When he opened it, there was a blanket, a picnic basket, and a couple small pillows. He walks me to a open spot in a a field. He sets the blanket and pillows so we can sit on them. He doesn't say a word. I observed him while he worked, he was nervous. Maybe more nervous than I was.
"Let's sit?" He suggests to me questioningly.
I nod and we sit. He pulls out some sandwiches and hands me one, "Chicken breast and provolone." He smiles at me and begins to eat his.
After we finish our sandwiches and drink the Pepsi's he brought, Jared laid down, his head resting on the pillow. I followed suit. He pulled me closer to his side. He was warm, it made me feel safe. We began star gazing and talking about absolutely nothing yet everything  all at the same time. He starts saying something but my attention was on his eyes and how I could see the reflection of the stars in them. He laughs when I don't respond, "Did you even hear a word I said?"
"I gonna be honest, no I didn't. I was... preoccupied." I blush as I confess my oblivion. He brushes some hair out of my face and holds his hand on my cheek, "I asked if you were having a good night."
"I'm having a fantastic night." I blush a little at the feeling of his hand on my cheek. He pulls me into his chest as we gaze up at the stars and I slowly start to feel the world slip away. This was bliss.