Chapter One |A Meeting In Riddles|

POV Edward
Everyone believes that I don't hear what they say about me, or that I simply don't care anymore. Well that is not the truth I've just chosen to ignore it, for now.

My coarse hands clutch the rim of the grimy bathroom sink, hoping for stability. I try not to gaze up because I know that if I do I will only be faced with HIM, and his destructive thoughts. I face towards the beaten lockers slapped with name tags, and I catch HIS dark eyes. I halt in my step, wondering if I should face him then reconsider. Until I hear...
"Hello Ed!" He exclaims as I can almost sense the smirk plastered on his face, taking pleasure in my suffering. I make a break for it and begin to rush out of the prison like locker room when...
"Come on, slow down. I think we need to talk." He says the last sentence coldly in an attempt to threaten me, I freeze and slowly turn towards the monster that I manifested in my own head.
" your so stressed out lately, everyone gonna think your going mad!" I clench my fists and my flesh turns red I want to scream and yell at HIM.
"The only reason I'm on edge is because of you!" I exclaim accusatorially keeping my voice low, so as to not increase suspicion.
"That was uncalled for, I'm just trying to help you out. Anyway I've been thinking and it's been awhile since we've had some fun, since a dead body showed up in a suit case. We need some new prey, someone to keep us entertained."
My eyes widens at his words, and I feel ashamed at the mention of another body in the woods.
"NO! Never again!" This time I really do yell like an eruption from my throat, and I'm afraid that this time someone may have overheard me. I turn on my heal and rush out of the decaying room before he can argue further, though as I leave I can hear the manic laughing flooding my ears.

POV Amy

I have never been considered entirely Normal

As I entered the busied precinct I spotted criminals scattered left and right some in for questioning others for arrest. The rusted holding cell was filled to the brim with convicts cursing and screaming, while the many officers that surrounded the room were trying desperately to block out the horrific sounds. Good thing my office is not in the bullpen, was the only thing I could think. As I finished my thought a slinky officer with hazel combed hair approached me, wherein a uniform for lower ranked police.
"Hello you must be Amy Winwerd, I'm officer Michel Dans." He stretched out a wide creased hand in an attempt to shake mine. When I rejected his friendly gesture he looked concerned. You can tell when someone looks concerned their eyebrows knit together and their smile has a bitter twist to it, as if their masking the truth. I have never been one for socialization and prefer to just preform my job and analyze data.
"Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you. I will be working in the forensics lab, could you please show me to my new desk and the lab." I request plainly, I simply don't have time for pleasantries, I need to prove I have a reason for being part of the GCPD. Michel does not respond and instead begins to lead me to my new lab. We walk in utter silence, not even our breathes are audible. The only noise that does not evade my ears is the repetitive tapping of my heels on the cooled tile floors. I pretend to not notice that the whole way officer Dans has been looking me up and down, something I find myself having to do quite often. We approach a dimmed hallway, so narrow that it only fits the two of us walking side by side. I lightly brush against Dans clothed shoulder for a split second before I retreat to the other end of the hallway. Framed photos of old captains hang crocked and hinged on the mustered tinted walls. We finally reach a chipped wooden door with foggy glass planted near the top. Written on the scratched glass are the words Forensics lab in grand black lettering.
As we are a few steps away from my new work space he halts and explains...
"Oh! I almost forgot Nygma must be in there. You'll probably have to work alongside him." After he announces this fact he lets loose a laugh of what I think is pity?
"Try to have some patience." He makes this last part a warning, and that strikes my curiosity. The busted door peels open and...