Chapter three: the human

14 years later Cora was exploring the ocean playing hide and seek with her best friends Ally and Amanda they were also mermaids. Cora snuck into the sea kelp forest seeing Ally and Amanda's tails giggling. "Hmm where are they?" Cora jumped out I front of then "gotcha!" The both squeaked. "Your good at everything Cora" Ally said. Cora shook her head "not everything Ally". As they went home a few boys a bout Cora's a age jumped into the ocean "Ally Amanda go home I'll handle this." The girls swam away as Cora swam up towards the boys. She floated on the water "hello!" The boys all screamed and ran....but one. "No wait please I didn't mean to frighten you!" Cora said trying to stop them and sighed not noticing the one who stayed. "Are you a...?" The boy couldn't even finish. "A mermaid yes yes I am" Cora answered. "I'm Dakota you are?" Dakota asked. "I am Cora princess of the ocean" Cora answered smiling. Dakota quickly bowed "a umm pleasure your majesty" Dakota was nervous around royalty. Cora giggled "no need for royal talk it gets so boring" Cora acted like a regular teenager. Dakota was confused he thought royals were all well royal like. But she was different and a part of him like that, a lot.....