chapter 4. ask it properly

"Oh c'mon Hailee, wake up. You've been asleep for almost fourteen hours" Tom groaned shaking violently my body

"Leave me alone. It's summer Tom, let me sleep" I snorted, covering my face with a white pillow.

"You promised me you'd come to the beach with me. Now, be the good friend you are and get up. Seriously, Hailee. I could either stay here all day and talk non-stop. There's nothing I'm not capable of" he said

I got up, kind of forced by him, and put my costume on. Despise my bad awakening, I couldn't help the smile that grew bigger on by lips second by second.

The memories of the night before rose in my mind, making my heart race. If other people were in my position, they just would have said it was nothing but simple messages. For me, though, it was a dream that finally came true.

Considering that Brad was always on his phone but never on social medias, and also the band were becoming more recognised as the days passed.

I took my phone and logged into my twitter account, going straight to the phone dm's.

@justf4ll: hey umh idk what time is there in london but i just wanted to say good morning

@justf4ll: oh and also

@justf4ll: hURRY UP WITH THE ALBUM I NEED SOME NEW MUSIC

I closed the app, quickly finishing using the bathroom. I knew there was a slight chance of him not answering me, which made me feel a hole in my stomach.

I wanted to be his friend, even though he was famous unlike me. He lived in London, I lived in San Diego. He could have all the girls he wanted, I had barely some male friends. We were completely the opposite.

"What are you thinking about?" Tom asked me while eating some chips.

I frowned, "What?" I played dumb. I exactly knew what he was talking about, but I somehow felt shy. I had never felt like that with Tom before, like he could judge me and think of me in a bad way.

"You bit your cheek, you were clearly in a deep though. What were you thinking about?" he insisted.

"Nothing to worry about. Shall we leave now? I really need to sunbathe, my skin is whiter than Zac Efron's teeth" I tried to joke.

Fortunately he didn't protest, but he also didn't speak to me throughout the journey from my house to the beach. He was mad, I could clearly see that, but something inside me was screaming to not feel him what was going on between me and my idol, Brad.

Not that there was something, at least not yet, but my mind was already dreaming about a possibly love relationship with Brad in a another dimension which was completely different from the reality.

I turned on the radio, trying to avoid the silence we both made up. Neither of us was going to speak: I perfectly knew it. Thomas was the kind of friend who chooses to not say a word when it comes to arguing even though, sometimes, he got on in nerves and lost control.

When we stopped, I hopped off the car and blinked my eyes a few times to then verify we were at the beach. Don't get me wrong, but after nine months of school, the sand and the sea seemed to be only on my geography book's pages.

I placed a cloth above the hot sand. I stripped down to the black costume I had chosen before.

"I'm going to swim, are you coming with me?" Tom asked annoyingly, avoiding my eyes.