Prolouge

September 15th, 2012
09:46 pm

Awsten Knight watched Aurora Rose Stilwell dance with Caden Chaffee. He was jealous, well extremely jealous. Awsten had a crush on her ever since they met, a week ago.
She appeared at Otto's lunch table and introduced herself to Awsten.

But, Awsten fell head over heels for the brunette. She was across the sea of red cups at Mia Smith's house party.

Awsten didn't drink, but Aurora was wasted. She looked so happy, so carefree, not registering the fact that she would puking her guts out in 2 hours.

She laughed at something Caden said, he leaned in and she put her freehand on his chest and could smell the alcohol radiating off his breath.

"Wanna come back home, yeah?" He said in her ear, his breath hot.

"No! It's fun here!" Aurora giggled. She looked around the crowd and her eyes found Awsten in the kitchen. "Look, Awsten is here!" She said his name a little too loud, because he looked up and saw the girl of his dreams walking up to him, her terrible boyfriend hot on her heels.

All of the color drained from his face, he took a swig of whatever Otto put in his cup, wincing at the fiery aftertaste of bitter alcohol. 'This is why he didn't drink.

"Hey Awsten! Where's Otto?" Aurora asked, her hazel eyes bloodshot from the hits of the blunt her and Caden shared before they came into the party.

"Good question, I lost him a couple minutes ago."
"D'ya wanna dance? It's the Beastie Boys!" Aurora asked tauntingly.
Awsten got off the counter and took her hands. He looked at Caden, who wasn't happy. But, Caden never was. He always upset with Aurora somehow. He was very protective over her, and loved her with every fiber of her being. The bruises on her forearms said otherwise.

Aurora laughed as Awsten swung her from side to side. She was so happy in this moment, aching to be near Awsten. He radiated this kind of happiness that Aurora wanted to experience forever. She talked as he listened, their conversation bleeding into songs. Aurora looked up to find Caden and sighed when she couldn't find him in the crowd.

"Do you want to go outside?" She asked. "It's kind of loud in here."

"Yeah."

Suddenly they were both on Mia's diving board, looking around her backyard as Awsten held her hand.

"I think I've always had a thing for you, if we're being honest." Aurora said so softly it felt like a whisper, almost like she was scared to say it. She was scared to say it. She couldn't let Caden find out. He was like a black hole, sucking aurora into his laundry list of problems, making it harder and harder to get out.

"You're drunk" Awsten smirked. "How could you like me? You barely know me."

"You're not wrong, but every time we've been together I've been happy, and I like that."

Aurora smiled, staring at Awsten's lips. Maybe, just maybe, it was the Jell-O shots from earlier, or the weed, or her toxic boyfriend that she didn't even like, but Awsten seemed so much better looking than she last remembered. Aurora leaned in, Awsten filling the space between them and kissed her.

How right was the universe. They both felt infinite.
She pulled him closer, gripping her hands on his shoulder more. His hands mirrored, pulling in her hips and bringing her dress up at the same time.  She couldn't stop. She didn't want to stop.

"You're not so bad, Awsten"

((WC;601))