Thomas Griffe (Superheroes Anonymous)

Name: Thomas (Tom) Griffe

Alias: La Bête (French for The Beast)

Age: 20 (SA)/24 (Haven)

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Short, dirty blond, straight hair. He has bright green eyes with a little bit of blue mixed in near his pupil. He has lightly tanned skin with a few freckles on his cheeks but they're only noticable when he's in the sun for long periods of time. He's 5'8" and he has a lean but semi-muscular build.

Suit/Uniform: None

Everyday Outfit: He usually wears dark blue or black jeans with a white shirt and a hooded leather jacket. He also wears flannels occasionally and usually black and white converse to finish the outfit off.

Sleepwear: He usually wears a white tank top and gray sweatpants.

Personality: Tom is very outgoing and open-minded. He's actually really a natural born leader. He loves socializing and he can be a little too trusting of people. He is devoted to saving people and is determined to try and help everyone that needs it. He does have problems with anger but has worked to keep it contained. He can get pretty emotional but only around those he actually trusts (*cough* *cough* Alice). Otherwise he usually bottles up his feelings and helps other people with their emotional issues. He does have some past trauma but he's an overall energetic and fun guy. He tries not to live in the past and just move on, though some things will always stay with him and he knows it (*cough* *cough* Liam's death)

Background: When he was a kid he lived in France but he moved to the U.S. when he was 4. He speaks fluent English and some French. His powers emerged a little after he moved. Little did he know this was because he had been experimented on in France. Everytime he had been sent to the doctors he had been given a special shot that his parents were told would keep him healthy. No one knew what it might do except for the doctors. Though too bad for them because he moved before his powers kicked in. Neither him or his parents know why he has powers. They think that he just naturally had them occur. His mom was very accepting of him but he could tell his dad didn't think the same as her. He spent many years living a peaceful life with his parents though his dad did make a few comments here and there that slowly destroyed Tom's self-esteem. Though, one day Tom's dad got really angry at him and kept calling him a monster and a disgrace. Tom got fed up and lost control of his anger. He lashed out and scratched his father's arm pretty bad. His father then proceeded to call him a beast. He uses that name as his alias to remind himself not to lose control of his powers ever again. He wants to use his powers to help others not hurt anyone.

Powers:

- Power to shape-shift into any animal (including extinct animals but excluding mythological creatures)

- Can communicate with animals

Weapons: Doesn't really use any besides his own claws and teeth

Strengths:

- He has good close combat skills

- He keeps a level head in stressful situations

- He works well with others

- Natural leader

Weaknesses:

- He trusts too easily

- He fears himself or more specifically losing control of his powers and hurting someone

- Someone he loves getting hurt or captured