PROLOGUE

11/11/16

Loud music blasted through my ears as my head drummed to the beat. Too loud. I fumbled with my laces before continuing the race through the park, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the black sky and dim streetlights.

London was unforgivable with its citizens so I chose not to stay and linger too long by myself.

The walk home was quiet , but then again it should be. Since it was almost 10pm in November and everyone in their right minds were sitting near a heater wrapped in at least 2 blankets. I, on the other hand decided it would be a great idea to go watch a film and luckily for me, my phone was out of battery so I had no ride home.

The beat dropped and I felt a pang shoot through my head as I winced at the volume. Wow the music was loud. Maybe because the streets were silent.

Probably why I missed the footsteps and the hushed whispers. Probably why I didn't notice my shadow was moving or that it actually wasn't mine. And why I couldn't scream when a cloth covered my face and I was dragged into a car beside me. Yeah that's probably why.

The doors locked before I fully registered what the fuck just happened. I couldn't even fight them off, how pathetic.

I smelled the chloroform before I noticed what it was. And I slipped. Into a dream, or a nightmare, or a mix of the two. All I know is that I slipped into a hole that I'd never reach the bottom of.

••••

Question of the Chapter: Whats your name?