1

11/11/17

I was tied down, strapped into a cold metal board. I lay there motionless, the will to fight having escaped my body long ago.

I was an experiment. The final one to their countless trials. The last scream for their vile collection. The other kids here weren't compatible, their blood too common, their bodies to weak. God knows.

He sauntered into the room, power radiating from him. However he was not the source, but it was the drug held in his palm. Or was it the mask draped across his entire face. I couldn't give a fuck anymore. I just closed my eyes and let him do what he had to do.

My body convulsed as the liquid invaded my body, attacking every cell I owned. It rushed from the bottom of my toes to the ends of my hair. He did too much. This is not what he usually does. I felt the needle go in and out if my body as he injected more. And more. And more. And more. Until the lines of reality and sheer pain blurred together and formed one. My chest heaved and collapsed, earthquakes erupting through my bones.

My heart skipped beats and the blood rushed like the waves of an ocean trapped in a storm. My head exploded and all I saw was pure white. Just when I thought it was over and couldn't it couldn't get any worse the pain intensified until I forgot who I was. All I wanted to do was claw into my breast and rip my heart out to make it stop.

I screamed until my voice was hoarse and blood trickled down my lip. I held my breath. I had no other choice. I held it until my white vision became spots of distorted colours. I held it until I could feel his vicious slaps torment my face, trying to force me to breathe once more. I held it until I could feel my lungs threatening to burst out at any moment. Until the pain subsided and became a shell of its previous owner, now only a weak throbbing and consuming numbness. So I was lost in the haze of nightmares and dreams once again.

••••

QOTC: How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?