a t l a n t i c r e c o r d s

•••
Catherine (Rusk) POV

I smile at the screen of my phone, looking back at the long awaited conversation I got with Snow yesterday.
Snow is the kind of person that although I don't know much about him personally, our connection is far more than I had ever had with anyone else before.

He's like my mentor, my friend, my consoler.
He's my rock.
We've expressed many times how random and odd our first online meeting was. I had stumbled upon a random chatting app that I had no real wanting of using, so it stayed untouched in my phone, hidden in the stack of useless apps I have in my phone.

Then all of a sudden I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and surely enough it was a message from the application.

A simple "hello" had evolved into a four and a half year friendship that I hold onto so dearly.

It's amazing how heard you feel when you find people that want to understand you.

Most of my life, I resided in Canada with my Aunt. Although my parents originated from Korea, I had never felt like I missed out on anything, until I started getting to know Snow, and I wished my aunt would have chosen to take care of me there and not in Canada. 
I would've been able to meet snow in person a long time ago, and finally pummel down the only walls that kept us hidden.
But yet Canada wasn't the least of my problems, now being in Los Angeles with three of my dearest friends, and possible bandmates, my life is finally looking up.

I didn't know what Snow looked like, and neither did he know what I looked like. We had decided on that rule so it would push us to meet and we would be even more excited. Unfortunately, if everything goes according to plan, he'll get the advantage and see what I look like before me.

"Am I the only one sweating?" Claire asks, her hands fanning at her red face. I put my phone down on the table, eagerly anticipating a message from snow.
We're sitting in a small, and quite empty room, inside of Atlantic records building. We had been waiting to meet the CEO for over an hour, pacing in this room about ready to climb the walls.

"Yes." Hannah shrugged while munching on her apple sitting next to me on the sofa.
We were all wearing comfy clothes, sweatshirts and jeans. We had laughed while we shared that we couldn't think straight this morning before coming here.

The girls I had been paired up with to make music together were quite comical.
Claire glared at her long known friend, her hands settling down next to her as she spun around in the desk chair she sat on.

"You're very comforting." She snarked sarcastically at the blonde girl that was still enjoying her apple.

"I'm straightforward." She spoke with a hand over her mouth. "Now stop panicking. We're going to get signed Claire, there's no way they'll turn us down." She adds.

I nodded my head, keeping quiet as I let the two girls talk.
"I can't believe this is actually happening Hannah. We're gonna make it!" Claire laughs.

I had met the girls over a year ago when I was casted to join a girl group. Claire and Hannah were already long life friends, and then there was  Tris and I, the two random outcasts who happened to have the same dream; to sing and perform.

We all got along very well, which was a relief considering if all went well, we were going to be stuck with each other for a long time.

Tris walked into the empty room looking just as nervous as Claire had earlier.

"I just heard them talking." She says followed by a deep breath. Her hand played with the ends of her black hair that flowed down to her hips.
"I think they're gonna sign us."