Version 3 Chapter 18

Originally Published: Mid-Late 2014

Authoress's Note: Huge thanks to WhispersOfTomorrow for editing while Allie's temporarily out of action~ Oh and if you guys haven't seen the edited BOC list, then check it out because there are some new BOCs available, but I'm only opening voting for like another week or so!~ LOOK AT KAIN'S FABULOUS SELF IN THE MULTIMEDIA BOX LIKE HOT DAMN. 

"Remember (Name), the beginning starts at the end."

You sat straight up once you woke up, like someone shocked you. Was that my mom's voice? You laid back down. Instead of the sky being above your head, a wooden ceiling greeted you. You let out a deep breath of relief; at least you didn't have to worry about rolling over and plummeting to your death on the roof. You wondered if Roxas went through all the trouble of carrying you down. If so then you'd have to give him your thanks. You rubbed your eyes, figuring that you couldn't pretend to be asleep much longer. You forced your aching body to sit up, and you looked around at the empty attic.

A familiar voice broke the silence, "Sleep well?" Ike asked. He was walking up from the attic stairs. You took a second to look over that outfit of his; he could almost pull off being from this kind of time. Cream leather pants clung closely to his legs, while he wore knee high leather boots that were dark brown from the knee to the ankle, then the base of the shoes were a lighter brown, with the toes covered with what looked like steel. His main outfit was the same shade of blue as his hair and eyes, with a wraparound belt and gold trimming. He had a leather shoulder pauldron clopped on his left side, and was belted around his chest. A red cape was tied around his neck, the bottom being stylishly torn almost. A green bandana kept his hair from falling in his eyes and his golden sword rested in its harness, just within his grasp. His eyes showed that he was alert, and since he was downstairs you were betting that he'd probably been there for a while.

"Well, considering I slept on the floor." You smiled slightly. You weren't sure when you had fallen asleep, but at least you did manage to get some sleep. I hope I didn't fall asleep in the middle of Roxas's story... Man that would have been so rude. You stretched your arms into the air to stretch out your muscles. "Where's everyone else?" Their blankets and pillows from their makeshift beds were already wrapped up and put away no less.

"They decided to head out to town to do some investigating. I said that we would meet up once you woke up."

"Oh I kept everyone waiting?! Agh! You should've just kicked me awake or something." You jumped to your feet in a panic. You didn't like being woken up suddenly for no reason, but when you were keeping everyone then you wanted to be woken up.

"Relax, they've only been gone for like, fifteen minutes, I just didn't want another fight starting with the Deorcyness students."

You slouched a little. "That's probably for the better." You wondered if Tidus was alright, he wrapped up his hand himself.

"Hey, you two ready to go yet?" Noctis walked up the stairway as well, tilting his head slightly at the two of you. 

"Noctis! I would've thought that you went ahead already." Noctis didn't say much, but he didn't get along with the Deorcyness students any better.

"Like Stella would let me get away without saying goodbye." Noctis rolled his eyes.

"Right, remind me why you don't want to be engaged to her?" From what you've seen, Stella was a badass! Not to mention she was still down to earth and honest with her feelings.

Noctis shot you a face that read 'I'm-not-impressed' and you could only grin in response. "We're just friends. I mean there's no real chemistry between us and the feelings are mutual."