3 • it's a prison

annie's pov
-
here i am again. in the police station. i'm in cuffs sitting at 'officer mikes' desk. this place never changes. same old stale, dry feeling in the air. it smells like... nightmares.

i've been here two other times. once for when my family's case was rested, and secondly for getting in a fight. i won.

"julianna leblanc?" officer mike walks in. he reminds me of some old war general. he talks so professional it's sickening. "it's annie." i say.

"well, annie, i've called your aunt and she should be here soon. i'm disappointed in your actions and am very surprised it's your second time in cuffs. if this happens again, i'm afraid you'll be behind bars." he sighs taking off his hat.

"i don't care. lock me up." i say. before officer mike gets a chance to say anything, "JULIANNA GRACE LEBLANC!" my aunt's voice screeched through my ears.

"yes aunt daisy? i'm right here." i say. she looks at me in full anger. she could blow up any second. "julianna i've had enough! you need to learn how to behave like a civilized person! grow up julianna!" she said walking up to me.

"i am grown up! you haven't been through what i have!" i say raising my voice and standing up. "you have no clue through what shit i've had in my life! you have no right to talk to me like that. you're my aunt. not my mother." i say.

aunt daisy looks embarrassed. her cheeks tinted in red and she clenched her fists. she closed her eyes lids tight.

"i think i can help with that behavior." officer mike chimed in. i forgot he was even here.
"juli- annie. i'm going to be sending you to boarding school for 6 months. it's a school for troubled children and hopefully that will knock some common sense into you."

what? he's kidding right? i look at aunt daisy hopelessly. "aunt daisy, you're not going to send me to that- that prison are you?" i ask. "i'm sorry annie but you left me no choice." she said.

"you can't do this to me!" i yell. "pack your bags annie. you're leaving tomorrow."
----
ouuuu annie's in troubleeee