Sandy goes to Rehearsals

Two weeks had passed since Noel asked me out. He said he was busy with band stuff and that's why he hasn't called me Back, not that I cared. Honestly i didn't. It took me a second to realise that my life doesn't need to revolve around Noel.

I wasn't In love with him. I didn't full on fancy him either. He was cute. His smile was pretty but he hadnt won me over. This summer was fun. I enjoyed his company. We're alot alike in the fact that we both loved music and see the world the same. I'm a realist. I see the world for what it is.

Noels destined to be big. I feel it in my bones. There's no way he's going to stay in Manchester playing in pubs. And for that I'm not getting attached.

I see how my mum is with my dad and I don't want that. I don't want to be waiting for Noel to come back to me like my mum waits for him. I love my father and I know he's a rolling stone. Well he's not A rolling stone.

My father was a musician in the 70s when my mum met him. In 1976 he was offered a record deal in America and half way through the album the bands Guitarists and drummer died in an accident. The album was never made but that didnt stop my dad. Instead of coming home and providing for his family's I stead of sending checks back every month, He became a one man band and travelled America before he was resigned in 81 with a record deal as a solo artist.

Frankie Felmont.

By that time I was 8. And I hadn't even remembered who he was. He came back for 4 months and then took off again. He never stayed in one place too long.

He became addicted to heroin and by the time he got clean it had already ruined his voice and career. Now he's a music producer. He only comes back when he's looking for new talent. And after Clints band turned him down he was off again.

I would like to think Noel would be different to him. But he won't be. I'm not willing to take that chance. I promised myself I would never date a musician but Noel was different.

He sees the world like me. A massive fuck up in a milky way of possibilities. I don't believe in fate but I believe the universe put me and Noel together for a reason.

***

I was chilling in my room as i have been doing the past couple of weeks. The weather's been ok since summer is almost here. I thought it was very beautiful the way the sun came through my window.

Rhonda was staying at Fraz's house and I was home with my mum. She's been traveling a lot trying to get new jobs. She was heading out again tonight.

"Sandrah" My mum shouted from downstairs. I sat up.

"What?" I shouted down. After a few seconds there was no response I shouted back.

"What is It?" I shouted. Still silence. I huffed and stood up putting my book down. "Sick of this, fucking answer me" I mumbled to myself.

I descended the spiral stairs that lead me to the hallway. "Where the fuck are you?" I shouted.

"Kitchen, and stop swearing it's uneasy like" she said. And then I heard the giggle. I smiled and walked into the kitchen.

"Alright Sandy?" Liam asked. I smiled.

"What you doing here?" I asked.

"I thought you'd like to come to band rehearsals." He said. My smile disappeared. I rolled my eyes.

"Liam, I don't think that's a good idea" I said getting flustered.

"C'mon Sandy, it'll be a laugh." He told me. I sighed.

"Sandrah, the boys been nice enough to walk over here and ask ya" my mum jumped in. I tutted.

"Liam come with me" I said walking out the room.