Chapter 11

I wake a few hours later, I can taste blood and everything's blurry.
"Carl?" I instinctively say. The word scrapes against my throat like sandpaper. I groan and a whimper leaves my lips.
What the hell is going on?
And then it all comes back to me.

Caden grabbed me during a run, I struggled. He hit me over the head with something and I blacked out. And now I'm here. My eyes skim across the dimly lit room. There's a table in the corner, lined with dainty looking silver objects. Sharp objects. I shudder at the thought of what they could be used for. Everything hurts, all I feel is blinding pain and I can't even pinpoint the source; it's just all over. What the hell happened when I was out?
"Ah, so she's awake," A guy says, coming into view. I jump in the chair I'm tied too, unaware I wasn't alone. The man has scraggly brown hair and an eye patch. The voice isn't familiar but something ticks in my mind.
"So I'm assuming Caden works for you." I ask boldly, surprising myself.
"What tipped you off?" He says simply, tightening the ropes binding me to the cold, steel chair closer.
"He said he'd kill me," I say as my blonde hair falls into my eyes, compromising my vision. "I'm still alive, aren't I?" A cocky tone masking my fear.
"I can't say he didn't try, now, can I?" A sick smile spreads across his lips.
"Who the fu-"
"I'll thank you not to swear in my establishment. It isn't Lady like." He cuts me off. "I'm the Governor."

and that's when I loose it.
He's the Governor? The same man who killed a bunch of innocent people? Who made Daryl and his older brother fight against each other with walkers hastily thrown into the mix?
"You sick little man," I hiss. Within seconds the back of his hand collides with my cheek, causing my head to jerk to the side and a gasp escapes my cracked lips. "What do you even want from me?"
"I want strategies." He all but demands.
"What?"
"Of how I get the prison." I scoff at him, laughing sarcastically (and painfully). The
words I speak next roll off my tongue like venom. "I'm not giving you any information on anything."
"You will do as I say!" He yells. An ear splitting screech erupts from my mouth-even startling me as I never had reason to know I could make a sound like that-as he drives a metal blade into my side. Not deep enough to be instantly fatal, but left bleeding like it is now I'm going to die of blood loss.
"Stop!" cry before blacking out again.