Chapter 20

The darkness held Mai softly, caressing her body with a wondrous light. But its holding her. Suffocating Mai as she lays there, hands of red force her eyes open. The hands held her down with unbelievable force. Making it impossible to move a muscle.

Tears fell from Mai's eyes. Even though the hands holding her down were enough themselves to push her to tears from the pain, the sight was what did her in.

John.

John was hanging there, blood dripped from his body. His back tared. The enormous cuts ripped from the top of his back to the bottom of it. John's feet were red from heat, almost like they had been boiled to the point of no return. They looked numb. With chains around his wrist and his hands were bloody too. They were curled in, Mai could see fingers without nails on them. All the while looking at his chest where words had been carved into his body.

She wanted to turn away but she couldn't. The red hands were forcing her to stop from looking away.

"Mai" the voice whispered

"Its all your fault. This happened because of you."

Tears fell harder. "No! Its not you did this to him. You did it" Mau screams. Thrashing trying to get away from the hands.

"Is it?" It called.

"No its not" she called again but the force wasn't there this time.

"But it was supposed to be you, if only he hadn't gotten in the way. Then he wouldn't be hurt" it taunted her. Pointing out the flaws in what she was saying.

"It.... isn't...... your fault....." John called lifting is head up slowly.

A scream rang from deep within Mai.

The others were close but this pushed them further, they wanted their friends back as soon as possible.

If only they knew. If only they knew what had happened to their dear old friends.