Chapter One

I looked out the window. I could see the pool that we swam in all summer, having the time of our lives. But  we were leaving that all behind, and I'm not going to lie, I really, really am going to miss this house. Sure, the house was old and we'd only lived here for a year, but this was the best house we moved into so far.

I took one final look around my room. The carpet was so soft.

"Are you done marrying your room?"

I turned around. There, leaning against the door frame, was the most annoying person in the world. My brother, Adam.

"I am not marrying my room." I snapped at him.

"Mhm. Okay." He said. "It's time to go."

I sighed. "Okay."

I walked as slow as I could. I walked out the door and brushed my hand against the door frame. I took a step outside and started to increase my speed. I was about five feet from the car.

"Help! Someone help me!" Someone yelled. They're voice was deep and I knew who it was instantly. It was Adam and he was in danger.

"Where are you?" I cried, running inside. I started searching the house.

"I...I'm over here?" He yelled. I could hear the fear in his voice.

"Saying 'over here' doesn't help that much." I turned, walking into the hallway. I tried to turn on the lights but they just wouldn't turn on. I walked slowly into my parents' room. "Hello?"

The door shut behind me, making the room shake.

"Adam, this isn't funny." I looked on the bed and saw nothing. I walked into the bathroom and yet again, I saw absolutely nothing. I slowly went back into the room and opened the closet. I saw a dark figure lying on the floor. "Adam? What are you- Oh my god!" The figure looked up and I could see them smiling. Their skin was a dark red and they had no hair whatsoever. Their smile was horrifying. They had yellow teeth and, I don't want to say it, but they had blood all over their face and teeth.

I yelled and ran outside my parents' room and into the hallway. I stopped, looked for somewhere to hide, and decided that the safest option was to run out the front door and yell for help.

When I ran out the door, I saw my dad. "What's going on? Where's Adam and who screamed?" He asked.

"Dad! Dad!" I started crying. "There i-is someone in-in your closet and t-they have blood all over their face!"

"Calm down, calm down. Show me where you saw that...person."

I led him to his old room. I saw that the closet was closed.

"Stay right here. Don't move." He said.

"Okay. What if..."

"There is no 'what if's.' Everything is going to be alright." He turned around and started walking towards the closet. I was shaking but I knew that everything was going to be alright.

My dad reached out his hand and pulled open the closet.

"Chad," he said. "Call 911. Now. Go!"

I ran back outside and found mom. "Mom! Mom! Call 911. Dad said so. I-I don't know what happened but it sounds like an emergency."

She pulled out her phone and dialed 911. I signaled her to follow me to the room. She came with me while speaking to the police.

"Yes, that's our address. I don't know what happened but my son came from my room saying that his father told him to call you, so I did and..." We arrived at the room and my father was in tears. "What happened? Craig! What's wrong?" My dad pointed to the closet.

"Don't let Chad see. Only you can see."

"But...okay." I said, scared of how horrible the thing in the closet was.

My mom went up to the closet and looked in. "Oh my god! Officer, please come as soon as possible. Please! My son. He-he's dead!" She burst into tears.

"No! He's not! He can't be!" I ran up to the closet. Adam was covered in blood and had a huge hole in the middle of his chest. Bite marks were visible on his neck and arms.

Five minutes later, the police arrived. I was sitting on the floor by the door when I heard a laugh. Ha ha haa. Ha ha ha ha haa. I stood up and followed the laugh. It led me to the spare room that we had used as our guest room. The laughs were coming from inside the closet. I opened the closet and looked inside. The only thing I saw was a couple of hangers and a rug on the ground. The laughing was coming from below me.

I lifted up the rug and saw a wooden trapdoor. I lifted it up and saw that below the house was a basement that we never knew about. I looked in for five seconds and the laughing started getting louder. I looked in for a couple more seconds and saw the same thing that I saw earlier.

He looked around and then finally looked up. He stared at me and then realized who I was. He smiled and started laughing. Hee hee. I slammed the trapdoor shut and ran back to my parents' room. Everyone was gone and the lights were off.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I asked.

"Chad," said a voice behind me. The voice made me start shaking again. The deep voice made me want to scream in horror and disbelief. I turned around.

"A-Adam! You're okay!" I said about to run up to him and hug him.

"I just wanted to say one thing. Goodbye, brother." He said. Just as he finished saying goodbye, he fell to the floor. His arms and legs where all facing weird directions as if he had no bones.

"Adam!"