Chapter Three

I woke up to the sounds of creaking floorboards. I looked to my right and saw the time: 3:07 a.m. The sound made me want to get up and find who was making it.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Someone or something was going down the stairs. I decided to go find out who it was. I opened my door and heard the hinges squeak. It was dark, but I could still make out what was making the thumping noise.

Small rainbow balls were rolling down the stairs. They seemed to be going in an order: one rolled down, reached the bottom, then the next ball rolled down. Every door on the second floor was closed. Except for the game room door.

I went back in my room and looked out the window. It was very relaxing. I saw the trees dancing in the wind. The moonlight was like a spotlight that illuminated the the dancing trees against the dark sky. The stars twinkled very slowly and calmly. I was so relaxed.

Eeeerrrrrrr. Thump!

My bedroom door slammed closed. I had completely forgotten where I was. I remembered after seeing the time: 3:10 a.m.

I heard a loud screeching noise. It sounded like fingernails being clawed against a chalkboard. It kept going for about 30 seconds then it completely died out.

I looked around to see where it was coming from. I saw words written by the door that said 'Timmy has arrived.'

"Timmy? What do you want?" I asked no one.

More screeching came from behind me. 'Your life and soul.' My bedroom door opened.

On the floor was a long, thick rope. Around it were a bunch of colorful balls.

"You want me to...hang myself?" I asked, starting to shake. "Why?"

Screeeeeeeech.

Next to the rope was one word. Revenge.

"Revenge on who?" I asked. "Me?"

No. A terrible laugh sent shivers down my spine.

My parents bedroom door opened slowly, then closed with a loud bang!

"My...parents killed you?" I asked, scared to find out the answer.

No reply.

"My parents would not do something like this. They wouldn't kill anyone. Would they?"

I went back to sleep, well, back to my room. I couldn't sleep all night.

He's lying, I thought. My parents would never hurt anyone. What if they also killed...no. They never killed anyone. I hope not.

The sun rose slowly above the rooftops of the many houses surrounding the small city.

"How'd you sleep?" My mom asked during breakfast.

"Good," I lied. "How'd you guys sleep?"

"We slept fine," My dad said. "Me and your mom were talking, and we think that this might be our house now. For good."

"What?" I did not want this to be our house. At all. "That's...cool."

"Yeah, I know." My mom said. "Do you think that that's a good idea?"

"Yeah." I said. I didn't really like the idea. I hated the idea. This house is haunted. A dead kid is writing words on the floor, and I'm supposed to like it? "I'm so happy."

My two parents looked at each other awkwardly.

Later during dinner, me and my parents were sitting at the table, eating hamburgers.

Thump, thump. There was a knock at the door. My mom went to answer, me and my dad following. She opened the door.

"Can I help..."

"Help! She's after me! Please, oh please!" A girl with dark brown hair that faded into blonde was standing there. With sweat all over her face and scratches and bruises on her arms, she looked terrified.

"Calm down, calm down." My mom said. "Who's after you and why?"

"It's not who, it's her."

"Who's h..." My mom was cut off.

"Don't worry, sweetie," said a soft woman's voice in a whisper. "I'm here."

"Ahhhhhhhh!" The girl started screaming. The front porch light went out. It flickered back on and the girl was gone.

"That was weird," Both me and my dad said.

"Yeah," my mom replied. "I wonder who that her is."

We went back to finish our food. When we were done eating, we went to the living room to watch a horror movie.

Halfway through the movie, we heard a tap on the window. My dad paused the movie and went to look out at who was there. I followed him. He pulled back the curtains, revealing a young girl. She was wearing a mask and had dark brown hair that faded into blonde. Her mask was the face of a young girl. It had a red line on each side of her face.

She started turning her head like if she couldn't see us. My dad yelled at her. She then turned, looking at my dad, and pulled out a bloody knife.

"Call the cops," my dad said to my mom.

She pulled out her phone. "No service." She said. My dad pulled out his phone. He said the same thing.

"Sorry," the girl outside said. "The police won't be coming. But my friends will." There was a knock at the door. My dad left the window and went to see who was there. He looked out the window next to the door.

"Another masked person," my dad said. "What are we going to do?" By his facial expressions, I could tell he was thinking. "Oh! I have an idea!" He went to the kitchen and came back with a knife. "We'll scare them away." He opened the door and held out his knife. "Come at us now! Wait..." The masked people were gone.

"Where'd they go?" I asked.

"I don't know." My dad said, looking outside.

Eeeerrrrrrr. A door was opening. It was coming from upstairs.

"Stay right here." My dad told my mom. "You, too." He looked at me.

"I won't move," I said.

My dad went upstairs, knife in hand. There was a yell. My dad came back, but I noticed that the knife wasn't so clean.

"Someone got inside," he said. "They didn't survive." He grinned. "Now for the ones outside."

————————————

Sorry for the late update. I was busy yesterday so I didn't get much time. How do you think the story is so far? Comment over there 👉👉👉👉