Chapter Two

I watched the trees zoom by. I couldn't take the thought out of my mind: I had lost my brother to a...demon? No matter what killed him, it still killed him.

"Are you okay, Chad?" My dad asked.

"I'm fine. I just can't believe he's gone." I said, wanting to cry. "Forever."

"Chad, listen to me." My dad said, looking in the rear view mirror. "He's not gone. He will always be in your heart. So, don't ever think that he's gone."

At those words, I fell asleep.

"Chad," I heard my moms' voice say.

I opened my eyes and saw my mom leaning over me. I was in the backseat of our car.

"We're here!" My mom got out of the car and once she moved, I saw a huge white house. The pearl white paint was peeling off of the walls. The roof was made of a stone that was covered in mold. Someone had lived here: obviously not recently, though.

"Is this...our home?" I asked.

"Yeah," my mom said. "Forever." She peeked into the car. The first thing that I saw was her eyes. They were blood red and the smile on her face...it reminded me of the thing that killed Adam.

"Mom! What's wrong?" I yelled, unbuckling my seatbelt and crawling to the other end of the car. I heard a loud thud behind me. I turned around and saw my dad. He had the same eyes and smile as my demon mother. The only difference was that my dad was holding a knife.

"Son, let's go!" He said. His voice was faded because of the window between us.

"No! You are not my father! You...you're a demon!"

Then, the same thing that happened to Adam happened to my dad. His body fell to the ground boneless. I turned back around and saw my mother, still standing where she was, smiling.

"Let's go, Chad!" She said. Her voice was deep and echoed in the silence.

"You're not my mom!" I yelled.

The most disgusting thing happened. Her head fell off.

"Son!" She cried, her voice getting deeper.

"Well, well. Mr. Chad. Looks like you're all alone."

I got out of the car. I looked around and to my right was Adam. He had the hole in his chest from earlier and blood all over his face.

"A-Adam. Wait. No! You're not Adam and those weren't my parents! You are a demon!" The world faded. Everything was pitch black.

"Chad," said my mother's voice. I opened my eyes and saw my mom leaning over me. We were in the backseat of our car.

"No! You are not my mother and never will be!" I yelled. I then realized that she looked normal. Her eyes were the light brown that they had always been.

"What? I am your mother and I always have been." She said, examining the look on my face.

"Bad dream?" I said. I realized that I was sweating. "Are we here? Are we home?"

"Yeah! We are." She moved out of my vision and I saw what I saw in my dream. A pearl white house with peeling paint. The same stone roof was as moldy as it was in my dream.

I got out of the car. "It's kinda...old." I said.

"Built in the 1800's." My dad said, coming from behind the car.

"Can we go inside?" I asked.

"Sure. It's already open. We were waiting for you to wake up, so we already moved in the luggage." My mom said.