Chapter 1

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Charlene Webster. She was a transplant physician who worked at Gladys Stone Hospital on 16th Street. Charlene has been working there for over five years. She has become
one of the best in her field and was passionate about what she does.
So, when the opportunity to work in China came along, Charlene knew she couldn't pass this up. The very next day, Charlene went home after work and started packing. 'I'm definitely gonna miss this place,' she thought as she closed the last box and taped it. Of course, she was feeling nostalgic. After all, this
was her first home she had bought with her hard earned money. Letting go wasn't the hardest, but leaving the people behind who loved you is.

Charlene knew that once she got to China, things were going to be different, after all she was different, she was an independent Black young woman who always fought for what she believed in and she wasn't gonna take no bullshit from anyone. She worked too hard and came too far for anyone to try that shit.

----‐---------‐-----‐-‐--‐--‐----

Once all the boxes were stacked by the door, she called  Troy's shipping company to let them know that they can pick up her belongings this afternoon at 4pm so they can be shipped to Beijing, China.
She had been up all morning since 2am, gathering everything into boxes and sorting what needed to be donated. Now at 8:30am she was going back to bed for some well needed rest.

With the alarm set to wake her up for 12pm. It was lights out for Charlene.

---------------------
Once Charlene got up, she took care of her hygiene needs, got dressed, took the boxes that were supposed to be donated to the church, took a few items that she didn't need, and also donated some books to the Lester's Children's Orphanage. After that, Charlene was able to get something to eat and meet back at home in time before the movers from the shipping company arrived.

------
After the movers came, Charlene went to the hospital for the final briefing from her boss Gregory, said goodbye to her coworkers, and left. She didn't have the habit of looking back and honestly wasn't gonna start now.
Plus, her flight leaves in the next six hours, and she had her bags to pack. After all, the family members she had were in a whole other country, living their best life and she was gonna do the same, she was a Webster, and Websters do have the habit of getting wild out.

---

Once Charlene boarded the plane, she found her seat in First class, put her hand luggage in the over head compartment, took her seat, put her eye mask and headphones on, blocking the rest of the world out. Charlene was feeling giddy, so she decided to listen to 'she want muk' to calm her nerves a little.

Within a few minutes, Charlene was out cold. Anyone could tell she loved sleeping by the way she made herself comfortable.

Besides, as soon as she landed, she needed to get acquainted with her new workplace and start working.

Being a transplant physician comes with many responsibilities, and having the heart to do the right thing and make the right decisions, which sometimes comes at a cost.
Charlene was going to find out the cost of wanting to do the right thing. After all, this was for the future.

------

Please note that this story is fictional.