Chapter 2

I wake up because of the pain. My body is aching in pain, and my head is hurting like crazy. I try to open my eyes, but fail to see the light. I'm leaning on something very cold, and my hands are tied to it. I must be tied to a pol. It feels like someone dumped a sack of rocks on my body, which makes it heavier to move my body. I'm only able to move my legs.

I'm afraid of dark and cold, it just reminds me of those miserable days. "Is anyone here!", I scream desperately for help. "Help me! I'm scared of the dark, please get me out of here!", tears start streaming down my eyes as I fail miserably to get some help. Where am I? I can't seem to recall what I was doing. Have I been kidnapped? I didn't do anything bad. I start shaking in agony. Im scared of being alone... i am scared of the dark.. please someone, help me please. I bite my lips and try to keep myself from crying. This is my last try, I'll give it my all. "HELP ME PLEASE!", I feel like crying even more as I desperately scream for help. Is this really the end for me? It is so cold down here. Everything seems cold and dark. I lose all hope and sit flat on the floor. Maybe i was a good for nothing after all. All my efforts mean nothing at all. No matter how hard I try, no one will come to help me. I have no one. I cry even more at the thought of being useless in this situation. What good am I? If I can't even protect myself..

As I'm about to close my eyes, I hear footsteps coming down from the stairs. "Is anyone here!?" I ask desperately. "Please help me! Please", I try to move my body. "Easy there", wait... I have heard this voice before. I can hear the footsteps even clearer now. Is it because he is getting nearer and nearer as the seconds go?
I feel a sight of relief when he gets closer. It feels like I'm saved. I feel his hands on my cheeks. "Please help me, Zack", I plead while trying to form a smile. He takes off my blindfold.

At the start, everything seems blurry, but the image gets clearer after some minutes. Jet black hair and Gray eyes, it really is him. "Zack help me out, someone has kidnapped me!". A smile spreads across his face. Why is he smiling? What's so funny?
"Zack, this is not the time to be joking!" I look at him with a serious face.
"Let me hear you scream my name. Scream all you want, you helpless creature", he looks right into my eyes. "The truth is...", he comes closer. I can feel his cold breath on my ears, which tickles a little bit. "This basement is soundproof". Why did he say that. "W-what do you mean", I look at him with tears in my eyes. "Now don't give me that pitiful look", he says while he ruffles his hair.

Everything starts coming to my mind. I need to try to remember. Those memories hit my mind like bullets. The party, the annoying girl which I escorted, the dark and cold hallway, and the last time I was conscious, it was when I was with him. He offered me a drink which made me collapse. Now his behavior is starting to make sense. He kidnapped me, but why? What did I do?

I feel scared looking at him. I would never have imagined this side of him. Maybe I never found the person who actually understood me. It was all an act. He was tricking me all this time, I fell right into his trap. I start crying helplessly.
He looks up at me with a raised eyebrow. "Oh jeez, are you crying again?", he gets up. "I will get you something to eat, now be a good girl and don't cry", he says as he goes up the stairs. "Don't leave me alone... i am scared! Come back", it's better having him around, than having no one at all. He pretend as if he didn't hear me and just goes further in carelessly.

I look around the basement in an attempt to get my mind to wander somewhere else. This basement is pretty much empty, except for the abandoned boxes on each of the corners. No windows in here. "You're useless! You should just die you piece of trash...you can't even earn for your little brother" Nono... please come back Zack... I'm afraid, those thoughts are killing me. Anything is better than being reminded of how useless I actually am.

I look up at the opening waiting for him to appear again. I'm scared. After some minutes he appears. He's wearing gray sweatpants and a black turtleneck shirt. He comes down the stairs with a bowl in his hand. "See, that didn't take too long", he walks towards me and sits in front of me. "Are you hungry?", I feel disgusted by the mere thought of food. I don't know, but I don't feel like eating. "No, I'm not hungry" I tell him and look away. I don't want to meet his eyes. He should know how much I dislike him. He grabs my face with one of his hands and forces me to meet his eyes. "What did you just say?", he says with a raised eyebrow. "You should be thankful that someone is willing to feed a bitch like you!" I get scared by looking at his face. "Now eat up!", he doesn't give me time to resist. He presses his fingers hard on my cheeks and forces open my mouth, as he smiles. "Hope this tastes good", he says before putting a spoonful of porridge in my mouth. It is cold and too sweet. It tastes like something he just grabbed from the fridge without even bothering to warm it up. I fight my urge as I swallow it in dismay. "How does it taste?", he asks me while looking me right in the eyes. "Gross", this word came out of my mouth accidentally. He presses my cheeks even harder now, his fingers hurt. I feel tears welting up in my eyes. "Say it again", he says with a scary face. His eyes send shivers down my spine. "I-it tastes really good" I answer while forcing myself to smile. "Now that's a good girl", he says while observing my face. "Hmmm". Why is he looking at me? What's wrong with my face? Is he going to call me ugly now? He can call me whatever he want, because words don't hurt me anymore. "This hair of your keep on getting in the way. They are covering that pitiful face of yours", he says as he puts the bowl of porridge to the side. He grabs my hair, which makes me squeal. He ties my hair in a ponytail before continuing. "Perfect!", he says as he smiles. "Now I can see this pitiful face of yours clearly".

He scares me...maybe being alone is better then having him looking me in the eyes while feeding me this disgusting porridge. He grabs another spoonful while smiling. I feel something moving in my stomach. I feel sick.

He presses my cheeks again and forces a spoonful of the porridge in my mouth. I swallow it. I feel really sick right now. Tears start steaming down my eyes, and my head starts hurting again. "Oops oops" I look at him. What is it now? Are the tears covering my pitiful face now or what? Is he going to chop off my eyes now. "You got some of it on your lips", he wipes it with his fingers and puts his finger in my mouth. "Good girl", he says as he smiles. Why is he treating me like a little kid. "You're actually beautiful, but the thing is...you're an unthankful bitch" those words will haunt me forever. Even though I said that words don't hurt me anymore, they really do.

He comes closer to my face. What is he doing. I won't let him touch me. "Go away you jerk! Don't touch me!", I scream and start kicking him.He grabs both of my feet. "Ungrateful people like you don't get to decide what happens to them!", "I really hate you, you know", he says while looking at my face very closely. I feel something from my stomach, and my palms start sweating. Before I get to tell him to move away, all of the food bursts out of my mouth and onto his face.