Chapter 22: "All Is Well That Ends Well!"

"If we are going to keep calling these Things. People need to arrive on time." Olaf says.
          "Is the surf good today?" Marissa asks.
          "Yes actually." Olaf says.
          "Sorry, I was detained." Anders says, "What's up?"
          "We found Frigg." Ty says.
          "Really? Who is she?" Anders asks.
          "She's Axl." Marissa says.
          "Do what now?" Anders asks.
          "Remember when he turned into a female?" Olaf asks.
          "Wait, so you really turned into Frigg?" Anders asks.
          "Yes, but someone has also claimed that he is Odin." Axl says.
          "Because I am the true Odin." Mike says.
          "Stop the fighting please." Marissa says.
          "So, you screwed it up?" Anders asks.
          "Yes, Mike did. I didn't even get to choose a wedding dress." Marissa says.
          "She kicked us out before anyone could say anything. Stacey is currently serving as her handmaiden." Olaf says.
          "Miss your girlfriend, grandpa?" Anders asks.
          "Yes." Olaf says.
          The group continues arguing while Marissa held Aurora in the chest sling. She places her hand on her head with a sigh. Mike hits the mini golf ball into the hole while the others except Axl watches. Axl leaves the place as he was done talking.
          "Oh, my God!" Axl is shown with his name behind him. "I'm beaten in the game of love!"  Mike is shown standing in front of his name. "And I fall down!" Anders is shown standing in front of his name. "I fall down on my knees!" Ty and Marissa are shown kneeling behind Aurora as she sat on the ground and their names are shown behind them. "I fall!" The group is shown standing together and Marissa was holding Aurora as she stood in front of the men and the title is shown before Marissa seems to walk away carrying Aurora.
          Axl comes by the house and was only there to fight with Ty.
          "I asked you help me and you help him instead?" Axl asks.
          "I thought I'd help him." Ty says.
          "Why not helping me the true Odin!" Axl says.
          "I didn't know he was so consumed with getting Frigg." Ty says.
          "Apparently, I was wrong, you are obviously Team Mike." Axl says, "I assume you are taking Mike's side because Ty is?"
          "I'm not picking a side." Ty says.
          "I am clearly on Frigg's side." Marissa says.
          "Such a woman." Axl says.
          "Don't you dare put me in the middle of an argument between Brothers. Mike is not Odin! For one thing, I don't have the connection with him as I do with you. Therefore, you are Odin and he is Ullr!" Marissa says.
          "Connection?" Axl asks.
          "Odin is Iolina's father, he made it where I would have powers to withstand the Gods and Goddesses charms." Marissa says.
          "So, by default, she'd know her uh, father." Ty says.
          Hanna struggles to figure out which one is really Odin and Marissa heads into work that Olaf had destroyed while Stacey was helping Frigg. Marissa motivates the couriers and gets them to work.
          "You are amazing, babe." Ty says.
          "Go on get to work." Marissa says and pushes him away lightly.
          "You can handle this right?" Olaf asks.
          "Oh, harden up. Quit being a baby." Marissa says and Stacey returns and yells at Olaf and thanks Marissa for helping get everything back on track and Marissa gets immersed with her work that she doesn't notice Michelle come in and Stacey tells Michelle that Hanna is with Mike and Marissa looks at Stacey after Michelle leaves.
          "Don't tell me. Villi and Ve." Marissa says.
          "I assume so." Stacey says.
          "You are supposed to be her handmaiden. I do hope she realizes she made the wrong choice." Marissa says.
          Meanwhile, Martin explains to Ingrid how he had to steer the Johnsons all together. He explains how it was difficult to deal with the fact that Aurora became the living breathing Yggdrasil.
          "So, what happens when we become true gods and goddesses. What happens to Aurora?" Ingrid asks.
          "The baby herself will be fine. Her Goddess spirit will take her place as Frigg's protector. Midgard can't handle Odin and the rest here. We have to leave." Martin says.
          "Can you get us back to Asgard?" Ingrid asks.
          "I think so." Martin says.
          Later, Ingrid calls all the Johnsons to Mike's bar. Marissa looks at Ingrid confused as she came along as she was requested as well.
          "Does anyone know what a Ga is?" Olaf asks. Everyone shakes their head.
          "So, a Ga, as we have learned today, thanks to Martin putting us right, is the ceremony where Frigg and Odin are re-united." Ingrid says.
          "Let me guess happens in a forest?" Anders asks.
          "Well done Anders." Olaf says, "I thought that too."
          "It's not." Marissa says, "It's where they stand together and get arranged to get married with the Goddess of Mortals presiding. I'm the reason they broke up, it's going to take me to get them back together."
          "I'm getting to that." Ingrid says, "All nine realms need to be presented."
          "Ingrid will represent Vanaheimr which is the realm of Vanir." Olaf explains.
          "Ty will represent Midgard with Marissa because why not?" Ingrid says.
          "Because Marissa is the Goddess of Mortals and resides in Midgard." Ty says.
          "We chose who everyone will be before everyone arrived so there won't be any arguments." Ingrid says.
          "Arguments?" Anders asks.
          "Anders, you will be Nidavellir, the realm of dwarves." Olaf says.
          "What? Because I'm the shortest? Fuck you and your stereotypes." Anders says.
          "These arguments." Ingrid says.
          "No, because you are the most dwarfish of us all, in that you talk the most crap, deal with it." Olaf says.
          "We did a bit of casting based on the type." Ingrid says.
          "Which is why I am proud to represent Jotunheimr, the home of the giants. Because I am the tallest." Olaf says.
          "Yeah, we got it Grandpa." Ty says.
          "And Stacey despite because she is short and a little dark sometimes, she gets Alfheimr, the realm of the light elves." Ingrid explains, "Michelle gets Niflheimr."
          "That's the realm of the dead." Marissa says.
          "It seemed appropriate given the recent circumstances." Olaf says.
          "Now, Svartalfaheimr, I'm a tad bit contentious. Whoever doesn't get Odin takes that realm." Ingrid says.
          "There are nine realms you've only mentioned eight." Ty says.
          "Fuck!" Marissa says, "Aurora, danger!" Aurora puts her shield up as Colin walks down the stairs.
          "The fucking wanker himself. Leader of the Muspellsheimr of course." Marissa says.
          "Yes, Realm of the Fire Giants." Colin says.
          Later, Marissa sits on the couch sniffling as she looks at Aurora. They were going to end up leaving their human bodies behind and everyone would die.
          "At least the three of us would be together in Asgard." Ty says.
          "And what if Aurora is no longer an infant?" Marissa says.
          "We will deal with that." Ty says. The earth begins to shake and Ty and Marissa jump up and run to Aurora who cries and the two hold Aurora as the earthquake continues and Ty hugs Marissa tightly. It stops and Aurora stops crying. Marissa cleans off Aurora's crib from her diapers and stuff as Aurora finds a way to drift to sleep and Marissa turns to look at Ty.
          "What?" Ty asks.
          "Can we um, do it one more time before we return to Asgard?" Marissa asks and Ty laughs before walking over and kisses her. They move to the bedroom and shuts the door. After a few hours of making love, Marissa falls asleep and Ty works on the video for Marissa so that she can remember him. He finishes and set the disk beside Marissa. The phone rings and he goes to answer it. He learns that Axl was chosen and that the Ga is tomorrow morning. Ty looks at the bedroom where he saw Marissa sleeping.
          He looks back at Aurora as she's waken up. He picks her up and goes to sit on the couch. He gets tears in his eyes as he stares at Aurora.
          "I wish there was another way so your mortal body didn't have to die." Ty says. He calls Kali to let her know and she says she'd be there for Marissa tomorrow and Ty nods. Ty sits holding Aurora for a few hours as he couldn't help but just want to spend time with her.
          The next day, Marissa wears a simple dress and jacket. She slides the disk into her pocket as it was in a protected case. She looks at Ty as she stood looking in the mirror. Ty walks over holding Aurora and she takes Aurora before Ty hugs her from behind.
          "I'm not ready to forget you." Marissa says.
          "You'll be fine." Ty says.
          "I love you." Marissa says.
          "I love you too." Ty says and she turns and kisses him deeply as tears slid down her cheeks.
          They head out and everyone arrives. Hanna tells them they are ready and Marissa takes a deep breath as she looks at her family, excluding Colin of course. Tears slide down her cheeks as she thinks of the first time she met the group minus Axl and the Goddesses. She looks at Ty as she remembers their meeting.
{FLASHBACK}
          "Excuse me." Marissa says as she rushes past Ty while he was out on his run. He ran in attempts to keep himself warm. She sensed him stop running as he had looked at her and caught a flash of their future. She stops running and looks back him.
          "You alright?" She asks as she breathes heavily.
          "W-Who are you?" Ty asks.
          "Interesting question when you know." She says.
          "Are you— Are you a Goddess?" He says lowering his voice and she giggles.
          "Funny how that's the first thing you think of. No, I've never been one. My name is Marissa Adamson." She says.
          "Then how?" He asks.
          "I am here to help you, Almighty Gods. I sensed that Odin will be arriving. I'm the Goddess of Mortals." Marissa says.
          "Who in the bloody hell is that?" He asks.
          "Well, perhaps if you call for your oracle, he might be able to figure out something that explains." Marissa says with a smile.
{Present}
          She looks at Olaf, Mike and Anders. The two had become family then when Axl was officially added to the God mix, he'd also become her family. She thinks of all the memories the group has shared and then she looks over at Kali and her husband who wave. Marissa hugs her sister before they head into the forest. Kali and her husband stand outside the circle while Ty holds Aurora. Marissa stood beside her parents and Hanna cuts Axl and her own hand then Marissa puts her hand on Axl and Hanna's hands and thunder is heard above them.
          Marissa's tears hit the rock in unison with Axl and Hanna's mixed blood and everyone starts screaming as the Gods are ripped from their bodies. Everyone remains standing except for Marissa who'd fallen over. Ty passes Aurora to Anders before running over to Marissa. Mike runs to Michelle.
          "Odin has found his beloved and their daughter has been safely returned to Asgard." Hanna says.
          "But Marissa, is she?" Ty asks.
          "She's alive. Unlike Martin." Hanna says.
          Ty picks Marissa up and makes sure she has the video. He carries her to the car and she remains passed out until they get home and then until the next morning. Ty sleeps on the couch as he didn't want to scare her. In the morning, Marissa wakes up and feels the disk in her pocket. She places it into the DVD player to the TV in the room as she was confused and she hits play. A video begins to play.
          "Hi Marissa, I'm Ty, your fiancé. We've known each other for almost a decade now. In that time, we were both Gods. Well I was a God and you were a beautiful Goddess. I was the Norse God Hod and you were the lovely Goddess of Mortals Iolina. More than a decade ago, you ran away from home in search of some, in search of me. Your mission was to return Odin and Frigg, your God parents back together. If you are watching this, you've forgotten that." Ty says in the video. Marissa's eyes widen as she watches.
          "It turns out your twin sister, Kali became the Goddess Eir, she can heal any injury." Ty says voicing over a video of Kali, her husband and Ryan, "In the mortal world married Alan and gave birth to Ryan." The video shows Aurora being passed to Marissa.
          "This is Aurora Kali, our beautiful daughter. She was born a Goddess thanks to Michelle." Ty says.
          "I heard my name!" Michelle says in the video.
          "This would Michelle, she was the Goddess Sjofn. She's passive aggressive." Ty says then Ty is standing with his brothers, Ingrid, Stacey and Olaf.
          "These are my brothers. Mikkel otherwise better known as Mike." Ty says and Mike waves.
          "I'm the God Ullr." Mike says on the video.
          "I can introduce myself." Anders says, "I'm Anders, I'm Bragi, God of Poetry."
          "Then there is Axl, he was Odin the All-father." Ty explains and the real Marissa sniffles as she didn't remember anyone. Marissa looks at the ring on her finger as she was beginning to believe Ty though.
          "Olaf is Baldr, God of rebirth, don't let his looks fool you, he's our grandfather. Ingrid was the Goddess Snotra. Stacey is Frigg's handmaiden, Fulla. But don't call her a handmaiden. Olaf says she bites." Ty says.
          "I do." Stacey says. A video is then shown of Ty and Marissa spending time together and Ty hugs Marissa from behind as he lifts her up. She giggles while he laughs.
          "That seems to be our entire family." Ty says and then Marissa is shown.
          "I know this doesn't make sense, but it's true." Marissa says and Ty hugs her while he holds Aurora.
          "I'm waiting to see you, so when you are ready, you have a beautiful daughter who wants to see you and I'd prefer to make sure my fiancée is fine. I should have breakfast made by now, so come out when you are ready. I love you." Ty says and the two wave as the video ends. Marissa's phone goes off and she checks it. It was a reminder to check her videos. She goes to them and plays another video.
          "Hi, it's me Marissa. This video was made in secret. You will leave your bedroom and see Ty. You have a feeling like you want to kiss him. Kiss him, it'll be the best kiss of your entire life. You'll love it so much. Then tell him you need to go to Hanna's wedding shop. Tell him to call Stacey to take you over there. She will know she will need to do that because you have a wedding to attend as soon as possible. Good luck, you'll need it. Just remember that our love for Ty isn't the Goddess, it's the mortal. We love Ty simply because he is Ty. He makes us smile and laugh. He is our entire world, both he and Aurora." Marissa says on the video.
Marissa sniffles as she thinks about all she had learned. She wipes her face and she slowly gets up and heads to the door before slowly opening it.
          She looks around as she slowly steps out of the room. Ty was busy cooking in the kitchen. The makes a squeaking sound and Marissa freaks out as Ty turns around and Marissa takes a deep breath as she blushes.
          "Hi." Marissa says.
          "Hi." Ty says.
          "You are supposed to be my future husband?" Marissa asks.
          "Y-Yes. I-I know it's hard to believe, but it's true." Ty says.
          "I know, I saw the video. H-How could I have no recollection of you?" Marissa asks.
          "Well, when you ceased being a goddess, you became a mortal and Gods are wiped from the memories of mortals." Ty says. Marissa walks over to Ty very slowly as she slowly tries to hug him and he slowly puts his arms around her.
          "I have the strange feeling to kiss you." Marissa says.
          "You are at least feeling your love for me." Ty says.
          "It's the mortal side that loved you, not the Goddess side." Marissa says and slowly kisses him. He gently kisses her but she deepens the kiss before slowly breaking it.
          "Um, I planned our wedding and I said to have you call Stacey, she'll know what to do?" Marissa says.
          "Yes, I know." Ty says, "There was little you can hide from me." Marissa blushes and kisses him again.
          "I love you." Marissa whispers as she lays her forehead against his and stares into his eyes.
          "I love you too." Ty says.

~FIN~