Chapter 13

I storm to the door but feel someone grab my arm just as I step out in the hallway. Aaron. "Sam, please be careful.. you know Carter has a- a- a past." He moves his eyes away from mine. I can tell he is worried.

"Actually Aaron, I don't. No one tells me anything so I don't know the slightest about Carter's 'past'." I use quote hand signals. I shrug, waiting for him to tell me.

"Okay Well almost a year ago.. Carter went to jail -Well almost-." My eyes go wide. Jail? Almost? Those words stick in my head. "Aaron, what did he do? And what do you mean by 'almost'?" He steps forward and puts his head on my left shoulder.

"Carter got mixed with bad people, who did bad things.. That's Why he joined Magcon. Bart kinda opened up to him because he was kinda court ordered. Now how he got out, is kinda blurred. All I have heard is that he had a REALLY good lawyer and..  got out.?." This is a lot to take in. Wow.

"Does Cameron know this?" Those words spill out of my mouth. Aaron looks more worried. Plus scared. "No" that was my que.

In less than five seconds, I'm in the elevator pressing the "L" button.

                        * * *

My flip flops are slapping the ground and im halfway down the beach. It is a possibility that Cam would come here. I know I would.

Since it's almost 1 am, the beach is empty. Also, it looks like it's about to storm. I walk another 100 yards and the beach public access is almost ending. I'm about to turn around and give up when I see a figure. Only one though. "CAMERON!" I scream.

No response. They're just standing there. Oh, Maybe he's hurt..? I jog down about 3 yards away and make out the figure. Carter. Oh no..

He storms toward me and my feet can't move. His fingers dig into my forearm and I yelp. His face is closer to mine -about six inches-.  "Don't try to run. I'm using you to draw in Cameron." Just what I thought.

Drunk.

A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading. Comment and Vote how it's going or what you think. Thanks!