[SONGFIC] Awake; Rantarou x Reader

It's not that I believe it
But that I want to try holding out
Because this is
All that I can do

Another sleepless night haunted the city. Many innocent teenagers laid under the covers that night. Day after day, the night would keep creeping up on them.

I want to remain
I want to dream more
Even so, what I'm saying is
That it's time to leave

Amami Rantarou held to his dear girlfriend/boyfriend close on the couch. Both held each other for comfort in the dorm. (Y/N)'s hands latched onto Amami's like steel. It wasn't usually like this, some form of phobia spread or something. Apparently it was related to the school, Hope's Peak Academy.

Yeah it's my truth
It's my truth
I will be covered with wounds all over

Scars and dried blood stuck to the cold skin of (Y/N). Eyes red from crying, her/his terror from the previous hours really built up stress and fear.

A gunshot cut through the night's bitter silence, making (Y/N) jump and hug her/his dear boyfriend.

The previous hours went like this.

*Bang!*

The gunshots would not cease, the class, huddled to each other, since it was a prestigious school, no one had expected anything. Then again, that may be why it was attacked.

Recognized faces and non-recognized names, that's what the attacking force had consisted of. Who was behind this? No one would anticipate anything. The most gifted students in a school corrupting the rest of the world? No way in hell.

But it's my fate
It's my fate
Still, I want to struggle and fight

The fate of Hope's Peak may as well just rest in the hands of the students at this point. The staff was no where to be seen. Who knows where they have gone. Probably ran away the good for nothing freaks. A bunch of talented kids hunched up in the corner of the room, scared and gripping the nearest potentially dangerous object to throw at the door if any at all pursuers barge through that damn door.

"This is ridiculous, no damn way I'm going to just sit my stupid ass down here and wait for everyone to die. We have to do something, we're ultimates!" The class nodded their heads, still unsure of what to actually do. A fellow classmate stood up, followed by a couple others. The brave souls grabbed items to pursue their attackers and confidently walked through the door, locking it behind them.

More gunshots fired and deafening screeches were heard across the school.
Think.

We're too high to jump

We couldn't all sneak out! There's too many of them and too many of us!

Stay here and get murdered.

Maybe I, I can never fly
I can't fly like the flower petals over there
Or as though I have wings
Maybe I, I can't touch the sky
Still, I want to stretch my hand out
I want to run, just a bit more

I'm just walking and walking, among this darkness
My happy times asked me this question
You, are you really okay, it asked me
Oh no

(Y/N) covered his/her face with his/her hands, crying and mourning for the deaths of his/her lost classmates. This is a dream right? Unfortunately, no, it was not.

I replied, no, I'm so afraid
Still, I hold the 6 flowers tightly in my hands
I, I'm just walking, I said
Oh no

(Best friend's name)!

*Bang!*

The blood split onto the tiles and tears fell down (Y/n)'s face quickly, falling to the ground as the male turned around and paid no mind to the girl/boy, there was a single goal of this shooting.

Make every living person in this school feel despair.

Six of her/his friends went missing that day, but everyone will know it was because of this despairing massacre.

Many more died that day. They didn't deserve it. These students are teenagers, just trying to cultivate their talent, no one, no matter how bad, should have to see something this scarring.

But it's my fate
It's my fate
Still, I want to struggle and fight

"What did I do to deserve this?" She/he cried into the body of her/his dead friend, blood spread across her/his hands, she/he didn't care. More bodies filled the halls of friends and "family". (Y/n)'s eyes became bloodshot and the area around turned crimson out of utter sobbing and despair.

Maybe it was fate. Maybe despair had taken a shine to that school.

Maybe I, I can never fly
I can't fly like the flower petals over there
Or as though I have wings
Maybe I, I can't touch the sky
Still, I want to stretch my hand out
I want to run, just a bit more

Memories flooded back, memories with her/his closest friends, as kids, and growing up. She/he fell down and laid in the massive pool of blood, not caring how dirty it would make her/him. Tears mixed in with the pink, thick liquid. Bullets scattered everywhere. The sound of the metal hitting the tile caused a large amount of trauma to the students.

Wide awake, wide awake, wide awake
Don't cry
Wide awake, wide awake, wide awake
No lie
Wide awake, wide awake, wide awake
Don't cry
Wide awake, wide awake, wide awake
No lie

Rantarou, although was there, of course was still traumatized, had to still care for one of the people that he loved the most. Caressing her/his back and drawing soft circles into the cloth, tickling her/his (skin tone) skin. The pain hurt, the pain of loss hurt, but Rantarou knew that they have to have hope and stay strong, maybe that could defeat despair.

Maybe I, I can never fly
I can't fly like the flower petals over there
Or as though I have wings
Maybe I, I can't touch the sky
Still, I want to stretch my hand out
I want to run
Just a bit more

The souls of the six friends, the six flowers, reached out and caressed (Y/n)'s cheek. She/he looked up from her/his despair, taking a glance at Rantarou and the beings that were invisible to the human eye.

She/he smiled.

——
AYE LOOK I'M NOT DEAD.

So I got these lyrics from the song "Awake" by Kim Seokjin! Aka BTS Jin!

I'm an ARMY now guys omg

I also tried to write about the current happenings with Florida and the school shootings in memories. Also something that went on at Northwestern College in Evanston, but I think that has just been resolved. Have a nice day