Part 1: Contact

(Ironwood's pov)

I watched the camera feed showing Reaper in action, walking straight to the front lines, mowing through the enemies with his chaingun. Ignoring the bullets impacting his steel chassis, slaughtering the enemies without hesitation.

That's the advantage of mechanized infantry, no emotions to slow them down, they simply follow instructions.

I watched him gun down two more enemies before shooting a XM53 into another group. As the smoke cleared there was only one left alive, he crawled away from the pile of body parts before Reaper planted it's foot on his back pinning him to the ground.

As he lay there two Atlas soldiers ran over to him, his head rotated to face them as they looked at the whitefang grunt under his foot.

"Well done Reaper, you saved our unit. Report back to the base, your mission is complete."

Error, false statement.
Primary directive: eliminate the Whitefang.
Mission status: 99 percent complete.
One threat remaining.
Eliminating target.

He then stepped forward and curb stomped the man's head. As his brains splattered across the pavement the other two soldiers looked at him with shock and disgust.

"What the hell?! We could have taken him in to the base for questioning!"

Incorrect.
DNA scans match one in a group of faunus sited at rally one week prior.
Estimated time of membership: 3-4 days.
Possibility of containing critical information: nonexistent.

He turned to face the soldiers and shook his finger, much to my surprise.
Never send an organic to do a machine's work.

He then walked away with the XM53 on his shoulder leaving the two soldiers standing there confused.

I shut off the screen and looked out the window thinking about what I saw.

How odd, for a machine his actions almost seemed human.

I shook my head and looked through the various reports on my desk, I placed several papers into a folder before going through the rest.

With Reaper handling the whitefang in Vale my primary focus was defending Atlas, fortunately we had enough troops to guard the two kingdom's. However the Schnee Dust Company trains were being attacked and the amount of dust we had to work with was slowly becoming less and less.

The last unit of AK-130s guarding one of the dust transport trains had been cut to pieces. I sighed and looked at the blueprints for the new AK-200 models that were currently in development, at the rate things were going we wouldn't have enough dust to power them when they did come out. We needed to do something and fast.

######################################

Reaper walked towards Atlas Academy with two soldiers marching on either side of him. As they all made their way into the elevator the two soldiers nervously gripped the handles of their rifles while the android's head rotated to face first one than the other all while the rest of his body didn't move an inch.

As the elevator reached the top he walked out and saw the General sitting there behind his desk. He looked and saw another man standing beside him who began scrutinizing him with a piercing gaze as he walked forward.

"So, this is the fabled 'Grimm Reaper' of Atlas."

Ignoring his words he stopped in front of the desk and saluted the general.