Chapter 8: Farewell

"She has been in and out all morning, you asked her about coming last night, didn't you?" Ronon was glaring down at Carson, who was confidently standing his ground. "I was told I could, so I did yes." "She give you an answer?" "No, she said she would in the morning." "This is the most idiotic decision you all have made yet." "What is your bloody problem with them? Got us three of those damn things, and one of her people lost his life to get them." Once again pointing at Rodney. The two were toe to toe, neither willing to back off. "She knows more than she is telling us. She can plan things without us knowing, how do we know she was not left here for a reason? A doctor from another world could easily cause problems back home that we might not be able to fix. She could just be using us to get out of here, and then leave." Before Carson could even respond, he turned away and stormed out of the room. Leaving John rubbing his eyes "Too damn early for this.." muttering to himself before speaking up "He can get over himself. Let's just get home already." John said as he slipped out of the doorway. Quickly followed by Carson and Rodney; who once again had the backpack held tight to his chest. Ronon had been watching Forrest and Castiel all night, and according to him, she had been packing. Carson did hope that was the case, and a sign she had decided yes. "Personally I just think Elizabeth will not be too thrilled at them, we can't exactly explain the entire bond thing." The scientist quickly putting in his own opinion on the matter, causing Carson to roll his eyes, "Yet, I told you already, she said Malco will likely stay behind." "Castiel is not exactly small full sized."

Forrest had spent the entire night lost in her thoughts, balancing out all the options that had been laid before her. Even as she packed her things, she was unsure of her choice. She was helping the now awake Malco, carefully wrap Dazar's body in a blanket, Prepping him to be taken to the resting grounds south of the city. Malco had woken earlier, while Forrest had been getting saddles in place on Castiel. He supported her, to her own shock. He explained to the pair he felt good in these travelers and felt that it was a chance for their kind to know something other than this world. It had been comforting to know she had a friend's support.

Castiel helped gently shift the body onto a carrier, designed for the dragons to be able to carry one of their own in-flight more comfortable. He was in his full size, a saddle behind his ears, and on his shoulders. The few personal things that Forrest had packed away in the saddlebags. She had gathered everything in the night, wanting to be ready as she could for when morning came. Her emotions were mixed, as she looked at Malco who was prepared to take his brother to the resting grounds. She heard footsteps and spun around to see Ronon walk past them and out the front doors of the university. *conflicted, that one is.* Castiel commented, *his issue with us I do not understand at all.* as they looked back towards the room as the others too made their way into the main hall. "Well, looks like someone thought well on our offer?" John walking over to stand next to Castiel, the dragon nudging him with his nose. He smiled, offering to scratch the dragon just above the eye. Forrest smiled, "I have, and while I am still unsure, I feel it would be our best interest. Though Malco has opted to stay behind here to keep the peace within the dragon population." She explained, Malco, spinning his head around to look at John. The dragon's red eyes bright as he clicked and whistled. "But he thanks you for your very generous offer to him." He smiled, reaching out to touch the black dragon's nose. "We are all sorry, about Dazar. None of us asked for that from him, or you. But you both got us out of there, and we all thank you." The dragon rumbled, and Forrest quickly translated. "His brother believed you were a chance for change here and was honored to be a part of that change. All he asks, is his brother be remembered for that." "I think we can do that."

Carson was smiling, excited with the promise of her going with them. He had a chance to learn so much from the pair, things that could help in so many different ways. "So um, we get a ride back to the jumper right?" Rodney was piping up as he looked at the dragons. Forrest half frowned, "Normally I would tell you, yes, but we need to take Dazar to the resting grounds. It is a short flight south of here. We can meet you back at your ship, Castiel knows exactly where it is." The scientist rolled his eyes. "great.. another walk and climbing trip." Muttering as he turned to head for the doorway after Ronon, figuring there may be missary in company. John shook his head "I'm sorry about those two.." She shook her head, cutting him off "Do not worry about it, we all understand." She said before Castiel lowered his head to her, allowing Forrest to swing into the saddle before lifting it back up. "We will be able to get your ship rolled back over when we return." John smiled, looking at Malco as the dragon took hold of his brother. "Would you say I am good enough to fly now?" Castiel lowered his head down closer to the doctor, allowing Forrest to be closer. "Well, since it is a short flight and you seem to think you can." His eyes lit up, "Would I be okay to go with you then?" She paused for a moment. "Sure" The dragon moved around, moving his shoulders closer to Carson. "Have fun Doc; it makes any Disneyland ride seem like a nap." *Disneyland?* *No idea.* John joked before he too went out the front doors.