Chapter Nine

Elijah rushed back to the compound where he found his little brother withering in agony. Unusual sight, it was considering it was normally him on the other side. Freya was sitting next to him, applying possible ointment to ease whatever pain he was feeling. Davina and Kol followed in shortly, taking in the sight before them, they too were confused and found it so strange to be witnessing this.

"Are you all just going to stand there?!" Freya's voice screamed, commanding Elijah, Kol, and Davina out of their trance. Quickly, Elijah moved over to Freya and Klaus, lifting Klaus' face to level with his own.

"It's a trick, Niklaus! It's in your head." Elijah's voice was stern and full of worry because no matter what atrocities his brother may commit, he was family and would always be so. Slowly, Klaus began blinking, the pain upon his face fading away and soon he was completely quite. However, the quietness did not last long before his blank expression was replaced by one full of hatred and anger. Swiftly, Klaus stood up, letting out a low, guttural growl.

"I'm going to fucking kill her." was all he said before he disappeared from the sight of his family before they could protest. Worried, panicked looks made their way across the compound, there was no way this could end well.

Kol was the first one to speak, "Look, I don't know what's going on with Y/N, but that crap she just pulled off was not her. I disliked her as much as the next person, but she was okay and defended our family like it was her own. I get being dead for eleven years does a number on ya, but I saw her, spoke to her when she first woke. She was the exact same person she was those eleven years ago. No one goes from zero to a hundred in just a matter of hours." Kol's arm was now wrapped securely around Davina, as if he was still terrified she would disappear.

"Well, I suppose someone ought to stop our brother before he goes berserk on the woman he loves." Rebekah chided, when a beautiful blonde-bombshell came walking through.

"Where's Klaus?" she slowly questioned, stopping on her heels. It was easy to see why Klaus adored the woman, but still it was apparent to his siblings that there was a lingering love inside him for you. Each of the Mikaelson siblings systematically covered for their brother, as there was no need to worry his current flame.

"Out." Rebekah responded, earning a round of nods from everyone in the room. Rebekah then walked over to Caroline, placing an arm around her shoulder. "Perhaps, you and I can go shopping today, love? I've been dying to get my hands on these particular set of shoes." Caroline raised her eyebrow at the sudden kindness she was receiving from Rebekah but she supposed it wasn't unusual seeing as they had both always sort of tolerated each other.

When they left the compound, Freya, Elijah, Kol and Davina began brainstorming your sudden mood change. There were many possibilities but the one that stood out the most was The Hollow.

"I still don't even understand how she took it out. She just stuck her hand in your chest and pulled it out, and according to what Kol told me, she diminished it to nothing." Davina tried to offer an answer. She cared about just as much as anyone else.

"The Hollow isn't in her, Davina, but she did siphon the magic that it had, as she was already pretty powerful before, just imagine her now. When The Hollow was alive, she had the ability to bring you back from the dead, barely blinking an eye. That's not easy stuff." Freya was now pacing back and forth, quietly muttering to herself.

"Maybe she's just tired of the hostile treatment she's been receiving from Nik." Even in such dire situations, Kol could always crack a joke or unsympathetic quips. Of course, this line granted him scolding looks from his older siblings and girlfriend.

"Case in point, we still need to find them and keep them from killing one another, if that's possible." Elijah decided that he would flip every stone in New Orleans if needed in order to find you and his brother. There was a light clicking sound of heels hitting the ground echoing throughout the compound. Freya, Elijah, Kol and Davina adverted their attention the the sound, coming face to face with you since issue with Klaus.