The Sketch Book

I was sitting in the middle of science class, watching a documentary about cells that no-one was paying any attention to. It was just the average, tiresome last week of the year day.

“Hey, have you heard of that new love jinx thing going around?” Luka whispered to me.

    “Huh? No. I haven’t” I said. 

   “ Oh, well it’s where you write the boy you have a crush on’s full name in the back of your sketch book so no-body can see it.” She explained .

   “As if that would work” I scoffed

    “It does! I did it and a week later Gakupo asked me out!” She whispered quietly.

   “Luka, that’s it, Sit next to Piko out the front!”Mr. Tsunika scolded, she sighed and stood up and walked slowly to the front of the class. I was curious about this. I decided to do this jinx. I was never really ever one to do such a thing. I slowly pulled my sketch book from my bag and looked around to see if anyone was watching. I swiftly wrote down ‘Kaito Shion’ and slid it back in my bag quickly. I fell into a day dream just by the thought of Kaito.

I sat next to my next door neighbor Len Kagamine on the cold bus ride home, Normally his twin sister Rin would have sat next to him but she was away on early holidays.

   “Hey Miku, Can I borrow a page of sketch paper?” He asked me quietly while he was sketching in his book. Without thinking I pulled the last page out of my book and gave it to him like usual.

  “Huh, so you do like Kaito…” He stated childishly. My head snapped around to look at him, to see him smirking in victory.

   “Len!” I exclaimed, he always made it his mission to embarrass me, especially in public. It has been like this for years.

   “I play in his basketball team actually, I c-“I cut him off,

   “Len, what do you want from me this time?” I sighed in defeat.

   “Simple, be my butler after school for the rest of the school year, so basically the next 2 days” He looked at me, studying my face.

 “Okay, what’s the worst that could happen?”  I was soon to regret those words.

Within 10 minutes of me feeling relaxed on my bed, comfortably doing my homework, I heard the dreadful sound of Len yelling.

  “ OH MIIKUU~,” I slowly walked down the stairs to see him staring at me, lounging around on the couch.

  “Yeah? What do you want?” I asked. He smirked evilly at me.

  “I want a drink! Go get me one, can you sweetie?” He asked, fluttering his eyes in sarcasm. I glared at him,

   “Don’t call me that!” I yelled as I stormed off to the kitchen. Why is he so mean to me?

  “And don’t forget the ice!” He called. I clenched my fists in anger.

And that’s where it all began. For the whole afternoon, I was being Len’s servant. Getting him food and drinks, feeding him, and worst of all….massaging his feet.  He stayed there the whole afternoon, ordering me around.

 “I think it was about time to head home,” He swiftly got up from the couch, leaving the blankets a mess, and went out the door.

I sighed in relief, he was gone. I quickly folded the blankets and headed upstairs to go work on my homework once again. I pulled my laptop up to my lap to start on my 800-1000 word narrative.  I looked at the clock to see 1:00am on the dial.

 “Oh wow, I got to go to bed soon or I won’t be able to wake up tomorrow morning” I murmured to myself sleepily. I pressed print on my laptop and started to get ready for bed, until my phone started to ring. Who could be calling at this time?

  “Hello?” I answered into the phone.

  “Hey, Can you tuck me in?” I heard Len chuckle.

  “No.” I answered coldly. Len was quiet for a moment.

 “Kaito would be happy to know about th-“I cut him off once again

  “Fine, but wouldn’t your doors be locked?” I asked.

 “Come in the back door, I left it unlocked.” He stated and then hung up on me. I stood up quietly and silently walked outside into the cold wind. I walked behind the white house and through the unlocked door. I walked into his room where he was sitting on his bed, without his evil smirk. He looked concerned. He pulled the covers over himself, and then looked at me. I kneeled next to him,

  “Are you Okay?” I asked, he reached up to hold my face.

   “Miku, I have always loved you, ever since we were kids. I have already told Kaito, he has known for months.” He stated warmly. I never expected him to say this. I looked into his eyes and studied his face as if he were joking. I had never expected such deep words from a teenager, let alone Len!

   “Len, this isn’t something to joke about.” I said seriously. His warm blue eyes turned sad,

    “I’m not joking, and you murmur his name in your sleep. I’m sorry for using you like this today.” He said quietly. The way he looked into my eyes was a different Len I didn’t know. A Len I was curious about. A Len I loved.

  “I love you too Len.”

 ((I DO NOT OWN VOCALOID, VOCALOID BELONGS TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS! I AM SIMPLY MAKING A FANFIC OFF THE CHARACTERS))