Chapter 1: A Locket

"Ang dahilan ng pagkabuhay ay para mamatay at ang dahilan ng pagkamatay ay para mabuhay."

****

Zircon's POV

Our car reached the gates. I looked around from the car's window and saw teenagers on their uniforms rushing to attend their first day of class. The name of the school is plastered in the top of the gates. I let my eyes slowly examine the features of the school. Emerald and dirty white is a good combination for a granduer gothic vintage styled school. I look and brush some of my hair into my ear to clear out my view. I push my glasses in my nose's bridge as I felt it nearly fall. My dad look at me from the driver's seat with a worried face then spoke.

"Con, don't be anxious. You can handle all this things up. Just be confident. "He hold my hand to calm me down. I just nod with my head still bowing.

"I should go now, dear. I still have lots of work to do. "He said and I raise my head to see my dad's calm face.

"O-okay, Dad. "I replied shattered.

I took a deep breath first before opening the car's door. Soon as I open the car and took my first step towards the schools gate, my instinct tells me that there's something weird in here. It's like I'm entering a haunted mansion or even more frightening than that and once I'd met that something weird I can't do anything to escape but face that with all my might.

I remember what my dad told me before we took part.

"For you to know your family and dorm number go to Principal Tony Nafrell. He will guide you. "

Luckily, I found the principal's office fast. I glanced at the flyer or whatever you might call a piece of paper that advertises everything about the school and found out that the school has a different way of clasifying students. And it's by family: the Grovol, Vynerate, Dullow and Caravel. It says here that Grovol family are those where bravery dwells in their heart and for the Dullow they are just, loyal and unafraid of toil. If you've a ready mind and is engrossed with wit and learning then you will find your kind in the Caravel family but if you are resourceful and cunning to achieve your goal then you might be fit in Vynerate.

I was about to turn the doorknob when somebody yanked my shoulder. All my blood rushed to my face because of shockness but I restrained myself from showing it. Instead I gave her my pissed off face.

"Are you a transferee? "She asked eyeing at my clothes.

So for the sake of not answering her question sarcastically because it's completely obvious that I'm a transferee due to the fact that I'm still not wearing their school uniform as a sign that I'm already a student here, I just nod. This girl is different from the other students because she's not in a uniform hence she's wearing a golden cute brooch. And, woah! This lady is the perfect example of 'beautiful'.

She examined me from head to toe. My grip in the books I'm holding tighten as I felt awkward with her staring me.

"You're a nerd. You can't survive in here. You must go. Now. "She said. I was taken a back and blinked once. My forhead crumpled to what she said. Is she droving me away? Why? Because I'm just a nerd and she thinks I can't survive in here?! Crap! What does she think of this school? A den of monsters?

"E-excuse me-- "I wasn't able to finish my sentence because someone opened the door. A man in his mid 40's came out wearing an eyeglasses that I surely think is way thicker than mine's lenses. He stunningly look decent and professional in his teacher's uniform.

"Are you Zircon Watterson? "He asked as his eyes landed at me.

"Y-yes Sir. "

I glanced to the girl's direction but she's already gone. Where the hell did she go?