Freak

I woke up into the darkness of the werehouse.  A cool breeze had eased me back to reality. I was about to get up to explore my newly found world when I heard it. A small voice echoing of the walls, calling my name."Ty? Ty? Where are you?" The small boy I had met yesterday called. I jumped to my feet in alarm. I didnt think he would come inside, looking for me. "will!" I said quickly running to the sound of the voice. I found him looking around the werehouse, like it scared him to be inside. "Hey will," I said, acting cool, trying to hide my secret. "Oh, hey ty," he said "this place gives me the chills. We have so much to do today! You have to meet mike, and Dustin, and Lucas, and max, and play dungeons and dragons, and, and..." he went on and on about all the "fun" things we would do today. I really just wanted to feel the warm sunlight on my face and explore the beautiful outside. We walked out of the gloomy werehouse, will still extaticly talking about dungeons and dragons. I thought about the lab in Elkhart, Indiana, how it was like a dungeon, a prison and I was the prisoner. i shook away that thought. I was free from the men, from the lab, from the pain and darkness. We soon arrived to a house. A mailbox in front read "the wheelers". Noises from the basement told me whoever mike wheeler was, he had company. Two bikes were littered infront of his lawn. Will walked up to the front door and knocked on it, while I stayed on the front lawn looking at the neighborhood. The door opened and a girl, older than me stood in its opening. She had dark hair that fell perfectly into her face. I was somewhat jealous of it as I touched my short y/h/c hair. She looked at will, totally ignoring me and smiled at him.    "I'll tell mike your here." Her smile faded when she saw me. "And that you brought a friend". she was anxious about me. I knew that without even having to read her mind. She yelled for mike and a boy a little taller than will came bounding up the stairs and to the door.   "Will the wise! Hey man! We were just about to start the game! Come on in!" He smiled. Will almost walked in without me. He looked back at me, realizing I was there and said, "mike! There's someone i wanted you to meet." Mike stepped out and looked at me. The look in his eyes made me angry, like he was looking at something less than human, like something gross he had stepped in. "Nice to meet you too" I said sarcastically, breaking his trance. He muttered something to will, will muttered back and mike growled loud enough to hear, "she can come inside and watch us, but she's not gonna play, and she is not going to be part of our party."  I really wanted to slap him. Why was he so rude? Did he treat everyone he met like this? And if he did, why would anyone want to be his friend? Will and mike walked inside, and I slowly followed. They walked into the basement. Two kids were already there. One had curly hair and a red white and blue cap on. The other had dark skin and short black hair. I sat down as they stared at me. i didn't like it here. It was dark. Will had sat down between me and mike, guessing that he hated me. The kid beside me, the kid with the short dark hair looked at me wearily. I mainly ignored him. I tried not to be rude, but I couldn't understand how these were the "super fun, nice, awesome" friends will had talked about. Eventually I couldn't take it. I needed to know what these people were thinking, why they were so mean.

mike wheeler:  

This girl is just like el... I bet she is. I bet she ran away from some lab. Why is she just staring at me?    I turned my gaze onto the kid next to me.

Lucas Sinclair:                                                                                                                                   

  This girl.. she has to have some kinda weird powers like eleven. I bet she's a freak, just like eleven. She's probably just some kid from the lab.  I looked at the kid across from me

Dustin Henderson:                                                                                                                                  

   I could really go for some pudding right now.

Then everything was silent. I felt everyone's eyes on me. I felt blood trickle from my nose. I quickly wiped it on my hoodie. " I knew it! I knew you were a freak!" Lucas screamed. "Haven't you seen a nose bleed before?!" I growled. "You have powers don't you? And you were using them on us!" Mike hit the nail on the head. "Powers!? You realize I'm not some character from your stupid game, right?! You realize I'm not some monster coming to hunt you down and eat you alive?! You realize maybe I just wanted to make friends and fit in?! But no, apperantly im just a freak like everyone says!! I tried to hide my tears. I felt like I was speaking the truth. "If you really hate me that much, I'll just leave!" I ran up the stairs and out the door. I heard footsteps behind me, and heard my name, but I kept running. I ran as fast as I could to my shelter. I sat down in the corner of the werehouse and looked at the numbers on my wrist. Tears fell from my eyes. Maybe I really was just a freak.