Prologue: Jesus

His skin was bronzed and His form lithe yet muscular from working many years in the sun as a stone-mason. His dark hair was long and wavy, His beard thick upon His jaw, His teeth a bit crooked. But His smile was pure and His dark eyes were full of life and kindness. He was slightly shorter, maybe only from ever so slight a hunch, than most of the Hebrews-- and, we must recall, they weren't exactly a giant people. His face had no real distinction to its features-- He didn't look like the most glorious representation of man, though He was. His appearance had few, if any, qualities that would suggest any handsomeness. In fact, He was rather homely by the standards of His people.

Neither did He look like a stereotype of the learned, either, though He was a greater teacher than any who had ever lived; and He commanded all knowledge, understanding, and wisdom from an eternity of experience with the true Father. Jesus the human grew up in a poor but devout family and laboured for the many years prior to His Spirit-lead ministry. After His adopted earthly father had died when He was just a teen, He, being the eldest son, took over most of the work to care for the family. Just looking at Him, you'd not have thought Him to be the talk of any nation, nor the Son of the Creator of all things good and beautiful. You'd never pick Him out from a line-up of people claiming to be the Expected One: Most Blessed of God.