C H A P T E R 1

beach party

"dylannnn!!! get your ass up!" your best friends shouts in your ear as you wake up and sit up straight

"what the hell?? i'm trying to sleep" i rub my eyes trying not to slap Freddie

"it's 12:00 am get up, we have a big night planned. OH btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH I LOVE YOU!" Freddie gives me a big kiss on the cheek and then shakes my thigh. "now get dressed........ now" she walks out my room into hers

i get up and look in my closet "ugh i have nothing to wear" i sigh. i pick up a shirt and look at it for a good minute. "okay what ever" i put on a black off the shoulder crop top and some high waisted ripped jeans and my birkenstocks and walk out of my room i grab my crossbody purse and phone

Freddie runs in front of me and pushes her arms against my shoulders to stop me in my path. "do i look good?" Freddie strikes a pose and i nod "Freddie you always look good" it's true, i think she has hand maybe 6 ugly days in her life. Freddie links her arm around mine and we walk up to my black jeep, i'm driving because Freddie doesn't know how to drive.

it's about 7:00 right now we meet up with our plug to get weed and alcohol for my birthday and go to the beach bond-fire, there is about 50 people there already. i hop of my jeep and get my stuff out start dancing to the music walking up to my group of friends waving my alcohol and weed in my hands saying "AYYYYE!!!!" while laughing.

my ex boyfriend, gavin, walks up to me and grabs the alcohol and kisses me on the cheek. i wipe my cheek in. discussed as he says "Happy birthday bitch" and i fake smile at him yanking back my pineapple vodka.

i go to find my favorite spot on the beach, it's obviously by the water close to it but not close enough to hit me. i sit down and lay my vodka bottle next to me and sigh as i open the bottle.

"another single birthday" i say lifting the bottle up to the sky slightly and taking a shot or two out of the bottle. i put the cap back on it and put it in my back pack along with the week , i don't know why i bought weed i only smoke when i'm stressed and right now i'm kinda happy. i sit there watching the waves crash against the shore and boping my head to the music and singing it out loud, i think i have a pretty good voice.

i'm just sitting here and then i feel a tap on my shoulder i look up and see a young man, dark hazel eyes staring down at my ocean blue ones. "hi" i say shyly. "sup" he says sitting down about 3 feet away from me.

"i couldnt help but notice you are over here by yourself, why aren't you at the party? my friend invited me and my brother here and said it was some girls birthday so we just tagged along." he laughs running his fingers though his hair

"oh the party? that's mine, im just not felling it right now." i say tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear and looking down at my legs

"it's your birthday?!?! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear....... wait what's your name?" he laughs as he paused the song.

"dylan" you say looking at him singing.

"Dylan happy birthday to you! i'm grayson by the way" he smiles and looks at me.