Chapter 17

And another Chapter with an ispired title ;) Sorry it's so short. I have finished the story on paper, just need to type it all up. Including this one, I estimate it at another 3-4 Chapters, so there's a bit to go yet. I also have an idea for a new fanfic, it will be quite sad, though. But if you want a part in it, cotact me on Twitter (@MadAsAThatter).

enjoy x

Yaz was lying in a hospital bed tears silently running down her face. She’d never felt so alone ever before. Her and Robbie had tried for children so often before eventually giving up. Then she spent one night with Jason and wham – she’d gotten pregnant. She’d planned on letting everyone believe it was Rob’s child, including Jay, but he’d figured what was going on so she’d had to tell him.  And now she’d lost that child, too. Rob didn’t know yet, he’d been at work when Yaz had been brought in, and she didn’t want to tell him. Neither that she’d lost the child, nor that it was never his in the first place. Maybe she should just go and throw herself out of the nearest window.

The door burst open and Jason came flying in “Yasmine! Oh god! No! I… Mark just told me, I…” She fell round his neck and started sobbing. No, not Jason, no! she loved Robbie, she was crying for his sake not Jason’s. it was true, she did love Robbie. Her and Jay had been very drunk that night, neither of them really remembered anything.

Then, suddenly, the door flung open and Robbie was standing in the room.

***

Mark slowly opened his eyes. He was lying on a bed, staring up at a blank ceiling. He sat up and rubbed his head. What had happened? Then it slowly came back to him. Jason, of all the people who could have pushed him!

Suddenly all the air was crushed out of him as something his him hard in the chest.

“Oh god, you’re okay!” Mark heard Sofie’s voice in his ear. “I was worried sick when you didn’t come back! So I called Kennedy and she told me… Oh god, you’re okay!”

“I’m not gonna be for much longer if you don’t stop squashing me!” Mark pointed out. The next thing he felt were Sofie’s wet lips pressed aginst his and they kissed – for the first time in 18 years.