Chapter 1

{~Sam~}

I blinked quietly as I stared down at my ticket, I couldn't believe it, I was finally going to Forga. The mysterious jungle continent that sprung up in the middle of the Atlantic and pushed the entire eastern hemisphere farther into the Indian Ocean, it was connected to the continents by large bridges made of earth constructed by the Council, a group of the first beings to master their abilities given by the gods, Frugata the being of magic, Bedgar the god of fire, Hunala the goddess of earth, Gutama the god of air, and Wunaria the goddess of water. Every family had a shrine to one or more of the gods as was required when you have a magic user as part of that household, except for those that did not believe in the gods and stuck to the old ways or as we liked to call them in Greka "āmanyochi" or non-believers in Amharic, a language that came from somewhere in the eastern hemisphere.

I sighed and started to pack after reading the date of the departure. Feb 15th, 2195 8:00 am sharp. Tomorrow. I shook my head before stripping down to my boxers and slipped into my bed and soon off to sleep.

Today was the day, the day I would leave the archipelago most likely forever. I got up at my usual time which was before the sun rose and set about cleaning my room for the final time before I gained a new home, I finished just as the sun started to rise then hopped into the shower. I quickly showered before getting out and dressing in some sweatpants, a hoodie, and some tennis shoes.

I grabbed my glasses and took one last look at my apartment before grabbing my duffel bag and locking the door then I turned towards the dock and set off, I soon arrived at the dock and looked for the boat that was to take me to Forga. I soon found it, it was a large cruise ship named The Fortuna. I walked over to the attendant and handed her my ticket. She smiled and nodded taking my ticket and handing me a key card before saying "Enjoy your trip"

I nodded and smiled before adjusting my bag and walking up the plank then headed towards my suite on the second deck, I looked down at my ticket and read it 'Deck 2, Room 42' I looked at one of the doors I passed and read 'Room 30'. I continued walking before coming to my door, I read it before unlocking the door and walking in closing the door behind myself. I set my stuff down and laid on my bed and dozed off not willing to interact with anyone else on the cruise, I awoke to the sound of someone knocking on my door. I sighed and sat up before walking over to the door and opening it, a hostess smiled at me and said: "Hello sir, I am very sorry for any inconvenience but we will soon be having dinner on the other side of the ship, in the Canteen."

I nodded and replied, "thank you, how long has it been since we left the archipelago?"

She replied with a smile "it has been about four hours since we left Greka sir"

I nodded and voiced my thanks before disappearing back into my cabin to take a quick shower before I headed to dinner, I did not want to mingle with other people as the four-hour long nap proved but my belly said otherwise, obvious by its continuous growling since the hostess mentioned dinner. I quickly took a shower then dressed in some red sweatpants, a windbreaker with a black t-shirt, my glasses, and some black converse. I looked myself over in the mirror before walking out of the room and locking it then slipping the key into my pocket and walking towards the canteen. I walked over and looked around the decently sized canteen before grabbing a plate of turkey, a roll, gravy and mashed potatoes, and a root beer. I looked around at the available tables before choosing one that was empty in a corner. I sat down and prayed to the gods before digging in, I was just about finished when I felt eyes on me. I glanced up to see four teenagers looking my way, I held their gazes before letting my eyes flair red with the power of fire magic. They quickly looked away and I internally smirked before finishing my food and getting up to throw my food away, I felt their gazes on me again as I walked over to one of the hostesses and asked: "excuse me, but is there a battle arena on the ship anywhere?"