Chapter 3

I was brought back as I felt the water turn cold and climbed out of the shower and dried off, quickly slipping into some clothes then I fell onto the bed and quickly fell asleep.

I woke the next day and groaned as I sat up and stretched, I checked my phone then trudged over to the kitchenette and opened the fridge. I groaned as I spied the empty shelves, I had forgotten to stock the fridge, again. I groaned and closed the fridge then got dressed and started for the door.

I headed toward a nearby grocery called Nan's while gently whistling a time to myself. I walked in and greeted the old lady behind the counter with a wave. She smiled and nodded at me as she greeted "good morning sir, how is your day?"

I smiled as I replied "slow but alright, and you?" She chuckled "The same, have a nice day." I smiled and nodded as I walked throughout the store grabbing any food products I deemed good, when I checked out I exchanged small talk with the cashier then headed home quietly.

I stocked my fridge and sat down on the couch as I sighed and turned on the TV. I was horribly bored after an hour and decided to head to work a couple hours early. Boredom was my forever enemy and I would do anything to kill it.

The door rang as per usual as I walked into work and waved to Kylie who smiled in my direction. I headed down to the workshop and over to my station. Ben nodded to me as I passed and he said "Mack's gonna be teaching you today, you'll find him over there in the equipment area."
I nodded and headed over to where he pointed and found him going over some aprons, hammers and the other protective and smithing equipment.I grabbed his attention as he grunted at me and motioned me over with a hand. "So, this will be your 'official' last training day as to be honest, we work on our own that fits us. So, I am teaching you how to make armor then you can start accepting your own jobs. We'll start with your choice then I'll be advising you the rest of the day." I nodded with a smile.

Soon, after my teaching session with Mack that took a couple hours and I started on my own, Madelyne came down with a piece of paper and walked over to me. I stopped hammering the metal plate and glanced up at her as she clipped the paper onto the overhead wire and said "Your first job, it's a simple one so you should have no problem as it is your second day but throw em to the fire right, you're making a dagger. Also, Ms.Forester wanted to see you in her office before you get off." I nodded in response as I grabbed the paper and started to read.

__--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------__

{?????'s POV}

Somewhere in some deep caverns underneath a land mass that sprung up mysteriously somewhere. A low hum sounded as a river slowly sprung up, eating it's way through the wall and exited through another wall. Slowly a figure stood from the water and stretched as they looked around curiously, they slowly looked over themselves and the cavern in which they were born as five figures slowly materialized in front of her. They all conversed quietly and the figure that was stood in the water slowly started to materialize into a woman who stretched her limbs out with a groan then slowly ran her fingers through the water that had continuously gotten bigger and soon it lessened as the clear blue water turned into a frothing red and black liquid. She smiled and gazed at the others as her sing-song voice filled the cavern in a simple sentence "My name is Izostaris. I am the Scourge."

__--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------__

{Sam's POV}

"Come in." I opened the door to Ms.Forester's office and took a seat as she finished typing on her computer. Without missing a beat, she spoke as she continued to type "So, I'm aware that you've got experience with enchanting items is that right?" I nodded and she glanced at me continuing, "Well, I think it would be most beneficial if you would be our head enchanter instead of becoming a new forgesmith." I raised my eyebrows in question and shock and she chuckled. "Well, if you accept? The others will make the equipment for you then you will enchant them and you, will sell them. Is that okay?"