Part Three

I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My jaw dropped open when I saw all the love bites and teeth marks all over me. The ones on my neck the worst of them. There was no way of covering them up. I was so glad that it was the weekend and hopefully they would be more faded by Monday. I took a quick shower and got dressed.
I walked out to my room and opened the closet door and jumped when I saw him standing there, in the dark. "What are you doing?" He pulled me into his arms and kissed me senseless.

"Where's your necklace, baby?" He asked me as he placed gentle kisses along my neck.

"On.... my.... dresser." I struggled to get the words out and felt him laugh against my neck. He lifted his head and looked at me. "I just got out of the shower." He nodded and swiped his hand down my cheek.

"Make sure you put it back on. I have to go, my pet." Before he could vanish, I threw myself against him.

"Wait! Are you coming back tonight?" He shrugged and moved away from me.

"I'll try. You've been monopolizing a lot of my time. I still have souls to take. You forget what I am. You only have yours still for my enjoyment." I stepped back and nodded. "It'll never be more than that, it's best you understand that now." With that he was gone.
******
I decided not to wait around for him that night. I called up some friends and we decided to go out for a couple drinks. I knew that if Ronnie showed up, he wouldn't be happy about me not being there. I wasn't going to make it easy on him. I was only his plaything, I should have realized, he is a demon after all. Although, there was a part of me that wished he was human, I wonder what he was like?

"Lex!" Austin nudged me with his elbow. "What do you want to drink?" I looked at him and laughed.

"Just a white russian, please." I looked around at all the people dancing and I gasped as I saw Ronnie in the shadows, watching me.

"Are you alright?" Austin handed me my drink and sat next to me, lazily putting his arm around my shoulder. "You've been jumpy all night." I looked again and saw he was closer now, I could see his jaw clench and his hands at his side's, curled into fists.

I looked at Austin and laid my head on his shoulder. "I'm fine. Just tired. I haven't been sleeping well." That wasn't a total lie. Ronnie had been keeping me up till the early hours of the morning the past couple days causing me to not sleep overly much.

I looked over as Roland and Marie walked over to us, laughing. "Come on you two, come dance." I nodded as I stood up, Austin taking my hand and walking with me to the dance floor. He turned me toward him and laid his hands on my waist, pulling me to him till there was no space between our bodies. My hands slid up his chest and over his shoulders, till they locked around his neck.

We started moving together, our bodies moving in perfect sync. I forgot about Ronnie for the moment, all my concentration on Austin and how he felt against my body. I closed my eyes and saw Ronnie flash before my eyes, suddenly wishing it was him here with me. I opened my eyes and saw Ronnie standing closer this time, his eyes trailing over my body, hotly.

"Austin." I whispered. "I'll be right back." I didn't wait for a reply as I moved out of his arms and toward the bathroom. I knew Ronnie was following me, I could feel his presence close to me. I was about to turn to go into the bathroom, when my arm was gripped in his hand and he lead me further down the hall, into another room with less light.

He shut and locked the door before he turned to me. "You asked me to come to you tonight and then you're not even there, my pet. I find you in this place with another man's hands all over what's mine." He moved closer, his hand reaching out, but stopped when he saw the cross around my neck.