competition.

Summer had begun, the heat begun to grow. Everything and everyone felt as if they could melt. The sky was a crystal blue shade, while the clouds had seemed to fade away to the point of disappearance. Not even children were out playing; then again, there weren't many kids in the small forgotten town.

The day began for a man by the name of Gabriel Reyes like it usually started out. Not sleeping the past night; for he was up before the ear-piercing ring of his alarm clock, slamming his hand onto the off button as a sigh escaped his lips. You couldn't tell but he was excited. He was going to be able to--no that's not right. He was going to get the place of commander of Overwatch. Not like he even totally found the whole place charming, to him it was disgusting. Aside from that, he lazily walked into the bathroom avoiding looking at his reflection, he stuck his hand into the shower turning the knob to start the water. Undressing himself he kicked his clothes to the side of the room. After the steamy long lasting shower the room felt like a spa. Reyes walked out with only a white towel wrapped around his waist (which happened to be the only light thing he owned.) Walking back into the messy room he looked around, spotting clothes resting in a pile, bending over to pick up the clothes, he smelt them trying to see if it smelled of the past day.

"Good enough..." He spoke in his deep, raspy voice. Slipping on the black shirt and black jeans before walking out; not bothering to brush his curly hair knowing it could not be tamed.

A man named Jack Morrison woke up, nearly rolling out of his bed. He was excited and you could tell. He strolled into the bathroom, taking a brief leak before hopping into the shower. He stripped his body out of his clothes then stepped into the cold raining water. Washing off all the dirt and grime from the rough training of the past day. Around 15 minutes passed before the pale male arose from the steam. He dried himself off before he walked into his fairly neat room to get dressed for the day. He picked out a matching pair of clothes; nice and clean. After changing into the shirt, pants, socks, and shoes he headed out.

Taking the trolley down to the office, he spotted a man who looked well... terrifying. Flashing a quick smile to the other he grabbed onto the handle bar above him. The terrifying male in black shot back a glare. Great.

Gabriel just happened to be at the same place at the same time as the other. The smile of the other made him want to vomit. He put out such a warm feeling. He absolutely hated it.

Loud feedback was heard off the microphone. A quiet voice spoke over the intercom on the broken trolley. "...Overwatch..." He announced. You could tell the man was over his job by his tone of voice. Tired, and depressed.

The trolley came to a harsh stop slamming on the brakes causing the standing people to wobble, struggling to keep their body in place and on their feet. Jack and Gabriel walked to the door Jack stopping for the other to exit first, and Gabriel not stopping for the other. 

Wait...

'This is the man I'm competing against, demasiado fácil.' The raven thought with pride, laughing on the inside as small smirk appeared on his lips.

Jack, at the time didn't realize that this man who managed to scare him out of his shoes was to be the man he would have to fight against. He looked like death itself.

Jack checked in minutes before the other. Waiting in the lobby, already dreading going outside, due to the horrid heat. Luckily training was set in the indoor gym.

"Jack Morrison... and Gabriel Reyes?" A woman with a hushed tone called. She put out some kind of white glow, that lightened the room even though it already seemed light enough with all the windows that were already there. They rose to their feet, walking a few feet apart from each other. They didn't happen to look close enough to see all the features on each other. Stepping into the room that the lovely lady held open, looking around it was a decked out gym. Work out material that some of it they had never seemed to know even was invented. It was a very open area. A basketball hoop court in a glassed in area, weights, treadmills, open floor space, fighting areas and so much more.

A smallish women with some sorta device on her chest in a blink of an eye appeared in front of the two. Before the two of them could question her she ran up closer.

"Good day loves!" She said with one of the sweetest smiles that the two men have ever seen. "I'm Lena,  I'll be here-- when you need me of course: to help you out and give pointers! You two have been chosen out of a large hand of people to compete for a commander position here at overwatch!" Her voice was so sweet yet annoying to Gabe he couldn't decide whether to want to rip her tongue out or duct tape her mouth shut. however, before he could decide the blonde male stood to his feet.

"It's an honor to be chosen by the hands of Overwatch. Even being thought of is enough, I'm thankful." He bent his head down smiling back at her. The other boy looked up at him noticing the build of the other, he was fairly tall, dressed in a blueish greenish mix of colored shirt, with some kind of pocket with a logo on his chest, some faded jeans that were rather tight. He blinked a few times before looking away. Running the thoughts away he still had the winning spot open in his mind.

Jack sat back down, turning his head to face the other. He held out his hand for a formal handshake. "Jack Morrison, glad to meet you. I didn't quite catch your name." He heard the lady call it but forgot it seconds later.

Gabriel didn't take his hand instead he tucked them away, crossing his arms. "I didn't throw it." Soon after the male  rolled his eyes as he noticed the other didn't catch his joke. Sighing slightly he began to speak. "Its Reyes.. Gabriel Reyes."

'An easy win.'

------------------------------------------------
¡Authors note!
Hey!! This is my first fanfic that I'm publishing so sorry if it's a little messy. I'd love to hear any feed back from my readers. Feel free to lead recommendations for new chapters. I'll try to update whenever I can.

I do not own any of the characters used in this story the belong to the blizzard company.

This chapter has been edited and fixed. :)

-------------------------------------------------