32

Katelyn plops her arm under mine, allowing me lean against her. "Shay. I don't know what to say." She explains to me as she takes in the new surroundings. So much has changed for them.

"You. Don't have to say anything." I reply, voice hoarse from shouting and cursing them all  out. As Katelyn has explained to me, Garroth is still being held in that damn Dimension.

"I'm sorry about Garroth." She repeats herself, sorrow in her tone.

"Katelyn. There is nothing you can do." I growl at her. My eyes flicker to Emmalyn, as she keeps glancing at my wings. Curiosity in her eyes, who could blame her.

"S-Shay." She stutters. Kenmur takes a step to her side.

"Emmalyn. It's good to see that you are alive." I tell her. Her glasses tilt to the side as she looks away.

"Y-Yes. It is nice to be back, but Kenmur." She turns to him. "We have research we must begin." Emmalyn states.

"We will, as soon as we are settled in." Kenmur explains.

Suddenly Aaron steps in, "I'll take her." He says to Katelyn.

"Now why should I allow you?" She snaps at him.

"Because you should go with your friends." He says as he shoos her away. He takes my hand and lifts me off my feet.

Katelyn glowers as she catches up with the others.

As soon as they were out of sight, Aaron lowers his guard as he now places me back onto the ground.

"Long time no see." I say as I scan his features. Still wearing the bandana with few scars on his jaw.

"It has been a while." Aaron states. "How long has it been?" The cool winds begin to pick up again.

"Fifteen years." I reply.

He doesn't say anything, there is nothing left for him. Nothing that he cares about, unless you count me.

"How long have you been here?" Slight guilt covers his words.

"I've only been in the Overworld for little bit over a year." I reply.

His shoulders relax, "So you've been here."

"Yes I have." I tell Aaron. "We should catch up with the others." I say as I begin to walk, slightly swaying from nausea.

His aura darkens, "I'm sorry." I hear Aaron mumble. Very rarely he ever says that.

"There is nothing to apologise for." I explain as I look up at him. I hold my hand out to him. "Everything happens for a reason. So lets continue down this path." He nods and grips my fingers.

"Thank you Shay for being here." His composure breaks for a second.

"Anytime Aaron. You are family to me." We begin to walk, to catch up.

We now stand before the gates that hold the stronghold and all of its people. Levin stands atop and stares at Lord Aphmau. Mother and son finally meeting after so many lost years.

Her lips begins to tremble as they run into each others arms. So many emotions happening at once.

"She has children?" Aaron asks me.

I nod my head yes, "She has two adopted sons.", "Malachi and Levin."

The others are already in from what I can tell. "Lets go." So we enter through those aging gates.