Chapter One

Marie felt hot tears run down her cheeks as her ribs were kicked hard by her own father.

"Daddy please stop" Marie whispered quietly.

"Shut up, you vile child" he shouted back at her.

Marie laid there for the rest of her beating, helpless. She wondered whether she was going to survive past her young age of nine. After her beating was finished her father spoke again.

"You're going to spend the night at your Uncle Gomez's house. If you tell any of them about what happens in this house, I will kill them all" He warned.

"Yes Daddy" Marie quietly stated.

"Now go get your stuff we're leaving in 10 minutes" Marie hurriedly walked up the stairs internally excited for the next 24 hours. The next 24 hours would be beating free. She packed her stuff into a tiny black backpack and ran down the stairs. She rushed into the hearse.

"Good evening Lurch" Marie said. Lurch grumbled in response and began to drive to the mansion. Marie thought of all the things she was going to do with her cousins, Wednesday and Pugsley. All of the mischief that they were going to get up to. Marie became so lost in thought that she didn't realize that they were at the house already. The gates opened and the house came into view. It had vines draped down the sides with a slight worn look to the siding. Lurch parked the car and went to open the door for Marie. Marie stepped out of the hearse and up to the front door. Ding dong, the door bell rang through the house. Marie heard shuffling then the turn of the doorknob. Her Aunt Morticia opened the door.

"Why Marie darling you're here! Gomez! Gather the children" She stated. "Come in come in"

Marie stepped inside the house as everyone came down the stairs. First being her Uncle Gomez.

"Why hello Marie, we've missed you" he came up to her and gave her a hug. Next was Wednesday.

"Hello Marie. How is that Venus Fly Trap doing?" She questioned.

"Very well thank you" Marie nodded. Finally Pugsley came trotting down the creaking worn stairs.

"Hi Marie" He said quickly before joining the rest of the family.

Marie chuckled at her cousin's boredom.

"Come Marie, I just finished making dinner" Morticia said, breaking the silence. Marie suddenly began to panic. She hasn't eaten in months. Marie gulped and followed her relatives to the grand dining room. Morticia set a plate in front of her after doing the same to the other people at the table. Morticia sat down and began eating. Marie picked at her food quietly.

"Marie are you not going to eat?" Her aunt asked concerned.

"I-I umm, May I be excused" Marie stuttered

"Of course" Morticia replied still concerned.

Marie stood up and set her napkin on the table before pushing in her chair and hurriedly walking out of the room.

———————————————————————

Thanks for reading this first chapter! I'll update soon!