The Pond

Ducks made to represent life as a pure beautiful thing

Yet when ducks became doves attacked by the thing they represented. Told to live by a way they do not choice. Told they had to be a certain way to be accepted by the other doves. Told to simply not pursue happiness. Told they were not enough. Told to fix the feathers of their backs. Told to cover their flaws with mud and sand. To not associate with frogs of the pond because they are different.

Are doves beautiful or are they puppets of the pond? Is it that everyone is scared to be the themselves? Or is it because the doves of the past will not listen to the stories and the feelings of the doves of the present? Will they not listen because they were not heard when they were the present? If so, why do they look down on frogs?

Frogs who hold the possession of bumpy grease they call doves. Evenskin. Moss Dartmouth green skin. Green, the color of life, renewal, nature, and energy. Green of growth, harmony, freshness, safety, fertility, and environment. Yet, Green has become money, finances, banking, ambition, greed, and jealousy. Holding envy of the doves until it has become prominent to a shattered prospective. Called pathetic, disgusting, strange lazy creatures by doves.  

Even then, they show a different way of life. Told such ugly lies yet still expected to go on. To smile, to laugh, to reproduce. Yet who wants more hideous intolerable frogs? Is it the doves carrying themselves at high stand needing a creature to pour out their needs and wants to for they are nothing inside. Hollow disgustingly self centered creatures, they truly are. It is not seen as a necessary fact for only blinded frogs know. Blinded frogs, struck with shards at a young age so they shall not see the truth. However, it seems the shards are more defined than the doves’ naked eyes. Frogs have sight. Not sight on drama, appearance or shapes, but on states of mind.

Self worth, unhappiness, dissatisfaction, all states of mind shine from the doves’ smooth silhouette. For they know the worst kind of pain is when they smile to keep the pond water from freezing salted.

Who is more ungrateful? Who should be allowed to be sad?