[9]

"You guys hear that?" Dustin broke the confused silence between us.

"Was that your sister?" Lucas asked Mike, giving him an unsure look.

"Mike, answer. This is an emergency, Mike," Nancy continued, "do you copy?"

She asked several times, none of us brave enough, or even sure that we should pick up.

"Okay, this is really weird," Dustin mumbled, mostly to himself.

Mike grabbed the walkie-talkie in a hurry, Lucas quickly snatching it from his hands. Mike snatched it back. "Don't answer."

"She said it was an emergency."

"What if it's a trick?" Mike theorized.

"It's your sister!"

"What if the bad people kidnapped her. What if they're forcing her to say this?"

"Mike, I need you to answer."

"Its like Lando Calrissian. Don't answer," Dustin quickly said aloud.

"Listen, kids, this is the chief. If you're there, pick up. We know you're in trouble, and we know about the girl," surprisingly, chief Hopper said.

All of us quickly looked to Eleven. "Why is she with the chief?"

"How the hell does he know about.." Dustin trailed off to look at El as well.

"We can protect you. We can help you. But you gotta pick up. Are you there? Do you copy?"

I felt the uneasiness between all of us, we were kids, we don't know what to do. I peeked over to see Eleven cup her hands and fall, her face mixed with worry and anxiety. I felt bad for her.

After a little, Mike finally picked up into the talkie. I could just feel the relieved sighs from the other side. "Yes, I copy. It's Mike. I'm here." He looked around at all of us. "We're here."

--

We were sitting in the bus, all of us uneasy as I slugged over in the seat next to Mike, bouncing my leg up and down quite anxiously. Dustin was pacing back and forth up and down the bus. I noticed Lucas bouncing his legs too.

"Will you stop pacing?" Mike confronted Dustin.

"It's been way too long. Do you know
what? Maybe you're right. Maybe this is all a trap and the bad men are coming to get us right now!" Dustin panicked.

Lucas threw his hands up. "It's not a trap!" he exclaimed, "why would the chief set us up? Nancy, maybe, but the chief?"

Mike gave him a 'what the hell, dude' motion and look once he mentioned Nancy.

"Lando calrissian," Dustin repeats and I rolled my eyes.

"Would you shut up about Lando?" Lucas shouted and I sighed in agreement.

"I don't feel good about this. I don't feel good about this!"

"When do you feel good about
anything?!"

"Guys shut up!" I yelled, quickly standing up. "You're both annoying!"

I heared a car's engine outside and looked out the window. Two of them. Bad men. The others looked out the window besides me.

"Shit!" Dustin exclaimed.

"Go, go, go!" Mike whisper-shouted as we all ran to the back of the bus.