[11]

Mike's leg was bouncing nervously up and down for a while, catching the attention of me. So without warning, he just stood up and starting walking, the sprinting to the gym doors, leaving El confused. I lifted my head slightly while watching him exit.

Quickly, Mike walked back in sooner than I thought, "they're gone."

"What?" Lucas questioned.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere," Dustin joked calmly.

"Ew," I whispered, shaking my head. That was a gross thought.

"Gross," Lucas mumbled after, repeating my thoughts.

"No. No way!" Mike resisted.

"Did they go with the chief?"

"I don't know."

"No," El suddenly spoke up.

"What?" Mike asked, "did you see them? Do you know where they went?"

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?"

It took her a bit to say it, but eventually she said it. "Demogorgon."

--

"Guys, guys! This is crazy," Mike stated an obvious observation. Eleven was sitting on the bleachers, hugging her knees. I turned my head away from her, turning it back to the boys who I stood with.

"We can't just wait around."

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us," Lucas responded.

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is," Dustin added.

"El can find them," Mike replied, pointing at her with his hand, but he didn't even steal a look at her.

"Mike, look at her," I quickly answered, pointing at her. He turned toward her, seeing her closed position. She turned her head slightly toward us while it still rested on her knees. "I still think we should stick to the chief's plan."

"Exactly," Lucas continued. "We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe. That's the most important thing, remember? Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan."

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so.." Dustin trailed off, walking off towards the doors.

"Where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike slightly shouted at him.

"I am. I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit."

"Are you serious?" Mike yelled after.

"El needs to be recharged!" He screamed, Lucas starting to take off after him.

Mike looked towards me. I gave him an sympathetic look. "Sorry, Mike," I whispered and patted his shoulder before taking off after the two boys.

After searching, lots of searching, Dustin did manage to find the pudding. Lots of it, by the way.

"Damn," I muttered, watching the boys gather tons of it.

"I knew she was hoarding it. I knew it. Always lying, saying she's out," Dustin told Lucas as they both gathered more and more.

"Bald-face liar. Mike, I found the chocolate pudding!" Dustin shouted, looking back.

"Okay!" I heard Mike shout back.

He looked back past me, and I chewed on my bottom lip. While they turned away, I slowly slipped away behind the door frame and going to the cafeteria.

I was going to walk over, but once I saw them, I decided to hide behind the wall where they definitely couldn't see me. Mike and Eleven. They were sitting across from eachother, talking.

"I was thinking... I don't know.. maybe we can go to the Snowball.. together," Mike asked her, she looked at him confused.

He's asking her to the ball.

At first I frowned, but I smiled. Someone he likes is better than someone he'll fake it with.

" "Snow Ball"?" She questioned innocently.

"Its this cheesy school dance, where you go in the gym and dance to music and stuff. I've never been, but I know you're not supposed to go with your sister."

She lifted her eyebrow. "No?"

"I mean... you can, but it'd be really weird. You go to school dances with someone that, you know.. Someone that you.. like."

"A friend?" Eleven asked, I could see pure confusion on her face. I giggled quietly. That poor girl.

"Not a friend." He sighed, "uh.. uh.. uh, someone like a.." He paused, the smile stayed plastered on my face, I wonder how he's going to tell her

Until he quickly leaned in and their lips connected. My smile immediately dropped. My heart fell to the floor, splattered.

He pulled back, her beginning to become surprised. With tears in my eyes, I turned back, covering my mouth. "I didn't see that, I didn't see that, I didn't see that," I mumbled over and over before I got to where Dustin and Lucas were again. I sat down, wiping the tears away before they could see.

"Alexis? Hey, everything alright?" Dustin asked, clearly seeing sadness in my eyes. Lucas turned and faced me, his smile dropping. He grew concerned quickly.

I shifted my body, looking up like I was surprised. I shook my head and put on a fake smile. "Hm? No, I'm fine. Thanks for asking though." Lucas just glanced at me weirdly before turning away.

They know but they aren't asking.